Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comment on my Goodwill/Nutcase Mixed Letter Please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comment on my Goodwill/Nutcase Mixed Letter Please

In October of 2002 I purchased a vehicle from General Motors, a 2003 Chevy Silverado. I enjoyed it every single day I owned it right up until recently when a relative totaled it in a car accident. Luckily I had a second car so I did not need to replace my Chevy right away. About a month ago I decided to go car shopping and my first stop was to the same Chevy dealer and was almost sold on a new Chevy Equinox, until they told me the interest rate I would qualify for from GMAC. As I understand it, the reason for the high interest is because of late payments to GMAC when I was laid off from my job for an extended period of time when my entire department was outsourced to India. After I was laid off, I took temporary and contract jobs to try to make ends meet until I was able to get a new permanent full time job. After I received a new permanent job, I took that opportunity to use equity from my home to pay off the GMAC auto loan one year early.

After receiving the interest rate from the Chevy dealer I decided that I would instead shop around to other dealers. This led me to a local Jeep dealer where I purchased a new Jeep when they were more than happy to give me a reasonable interest rate. The current plan is for my fiancée to take the Jeep in six months and for me to purchase another car. I am already looking at the possible cars I would like to purchase and it turns out that my first choice is another General Motors car, a Saab.

I am writing to you about my experience with General Motors in hopes that you may be able to use your influence with GMAC to revise the tradeline in my credit files so that I can once again purchase a vehicle from your company. Even though President Bush has refused to offer GM assistance in competing with foreign auto makers, I would be more than happy to do so; by purchasing another vehicle from your company instead of your foreign competition. In order to purchase such an expensive vehicle, I would need to be able to take advantage of the absolute best rates currently offered by GMAC. The tradeline from GMAC contains the only negative information on my credit files and is the only think keeping me from receiving the best rates that GMAC currently offers. The removal of this negative information would make financing the Saab attainable.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this letter and hopefully taking this opportunity to win back a former GM customer. I understand that this is not a request to be taken lightly, but I also understand that it is perfectly legal as Toyota removed late payments for one of my former co-workers as a sign of goodwill when he was placed in the same situation due to being laid off as well.

I look forward to your response and hope to be able to purchase another vehicle from General Motors before 2013, which is when the negative information will have aged off of my credit files as I will not open any new accounts with GM until this information is removed either from a goodwill gesture of due to age.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comment on my Goodwill/Nutcase Mixed Letter Please

Looks great to me...comes off as a very heartfelt, honest and sincere way of asking for GW on your GMAC account.  I hope it works for you!  I did a GW to GMAC for my Mom...still waiting on a response.  She had 1 30 day late in a 6 year payment history with them ~ I'm hoping that they will surely delete it as the account has been paid in full for 4 years. 
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya!

Nice letter, I hope you get a good response from it.

I hate to be a poop but in this line is a typo:

The tradeline from GMAC contains the only negative information on my credit files and is the only think keeping me from receiving the best rates that GMAC currently offers. The removal of this negative information would make financing the Saab attainable.

What I really like is the last paragraph, what a nice way to slap someone upside the head.
Please let us know how it works out if you send it Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hiya!

Nice letter, I hope you get a good response from it.

I hate to be a poop but in this line is a typo:

The tradeline from GMAC contains the only negative information on my credit files and is the only think keeping me from receiving the best rates that GMAC currently offers. The removal of this negative information would make financing the Saab attainable.

What I really like is the last paragraph, what a nice way to slap someone upside the head.
Please let us know how it works out if you send it Smiley Happy

Thanks for the correction, the more proof readers the better Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.