cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company pulled my mom's credit report off annualcreditreport.com?

tag
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

Company pulled my mom's credit report off annualcreditreport.com?

My mom was interested in a Rent2Own business, so she called and was told they'd pull her credit report. So I went on annualcreditreport.com to print our both mine and hers to see what she had to pay off. It said that her EQ and TU report was pulled already on the 30th so I asked my mom when she called the business and said last wednesday, which was the 30th..

What I don't understand is that every other company has their way of pulling someone's report, so why would this company go to the website acr.. I thought that website was for the consumer only..

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Company pulled my mom's credit report off annualcreditreport.com?

@WallyxD wrote:

My mom was interested in a Rent2Own business, so she called and was told they'd pull her credit report. So I went on annualcreditreport.com to print our both mine and hers to see what she had to pay off. It said that her EQ and TU report was pulled already on the 30th so I asked my mom when she called the business and said last wednesday, which was the 30th..

What I don't understand is that every other company has their way of pulling someone's report, so why would this company go to the website acr.. I thought that website was for the consumer only..

UR correct, They had no right to pull her report using ACR. You need to report this to the FTC!!!! Get all the info you can on Rent2Own.... You may need to also contact the BBB

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 2 of 13
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

Here's the phone # to the Federal Trade Commission ....  1-877-382-4357

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 3 of 13
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@WallyxD wrote:

While I have to agree and add it seems like a scam to some degree...

I would be monitoring everything like a hawk now...

Any ethical business is going to have paying services to pull your credit... I pull credit all day long and I pay for each and every report I pull...

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 13
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

@JM-AM wrote:

@WallyxD wrote:

While I have to agree and add it seems like a scam to some degree...

I would be monitoring everything like a hawk now...

Any ethical business is going to have paying services to pull your credit... I pull credit all day long and I pay for each and every report I pull...

On top of that, they charged her 75$ I guess to offer their 'service'. They emailed her a list of four homes, 3 of which are on the west coast and just 1 within 10 miles of me. Like what? 

I'm judgmental, a bit too judgmental I must say, and even criticized their name Freedom Rent2Own by saying a company with a number instead of spelling at the word, one should be wary of. I told her to not mess with them anymore. I'll let her know what you guys have said and hopefully she takes that into account lol. THank you

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

Message 5 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Are you 100% sure they did this?  I honestly don't see how they could have because of the series of questions that need to be anwered.  Everytime I get mine it asks to indentify myself through questions pertaining to accounts on my CR.

Unless things have changed since I last pulled my report.

Message 6 of 13
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Are you 100% sure they did this?  I honestly don't see how they could have because of the series of questions that need to be anwered.  Everytime I get mine it asks to indentify myself through questions pertaining to accounts on my CR.

Unless things have changed since I last pulled my report.

It had to have been them. Me nor my mom have pulled her reports since 2011. And being as though she's in the process of finding a home, today I figured to print out her reports. I went on and the website said that I've accessed her reports already, on 1/30/13. I told my mom that I was only able to print out her EX report and not the TU or EQ and not mentioning the date, I asked when she called them, and she said last wednesday, which happened to be the 30th. I mean I guess I can have her call them tomorrow and just flat out ask, but I know for a fact neither of us pulled her reports.

Message 7 of 13
GregB
Valued Contributor

You are making an incorrect conclusion. They DID NOT go to the acr website.

What would make you come to that conclusion? How can the other people responding think that?

They pulled reports through their system, which show as inquiries through each of the CRAs that were used. If they only pulled a report that used EQ data, then it shows an inq on EQ. If they pulled a report that used TU data, then it shows as an inq on TU. If you have inquiries on both, they pulled reports from both.

JM-AM,

Take another look at the post. You know better than this.......

Message 8 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@GregB wrote:

What would make you come to that conclusion? How can the other people responding think that?

They pulled reports through their system, which show as inquiries through each of the CRAs that were used. If they only pulled a report that used EQ data, then it shows an inq on EQ. If they pulled a report that used TU data, then it shows as an inq on TU. If you have inquiries on both, they pulled reports from both.

JM-AM,

OP was only able to pull the EX report.  The website said that TU and EQ reports had already been accessed and pulled on 1/30/13. 

Nothing was said about inquiries and yes, that was my first thought.

Message 9 of 13
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

@GregB wrote:

JM-AM,

As Guiness mentioned, inquiries weren't mentioned at all, and how I've came to my conclusion was stated above. I wasn't accusing them, I was moreso asking if it could've been possible, because again, we definitely didn't pull her reports, and hadn't for a long time, so to me, it couldn't have been anyone else.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.