Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company reported me as deceased...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Company reported me as deceased...

HELP!!  I will try to make this long confusing story short and easy to understand.

My husband and I filed BK 13 in 12/2001, paid off and discharged 1 1/2 years early.  Applied for a mortgage and was told that husband's report looks great, but I do not have a credit score b'cause Spiegel/FCNB reported that I am deceased.  When I pulled the report from all 3 bureaus, it definitely says it on there.   They also reported that my account was a charge off and included in BK that was filed in 10/2004.  The one account is listed on there 3 different times under 3 different names (Spiegel, FCNB, card processing services - who took over Spiegel accts in 2003 when they filed BK themselves).   Every address and contact info that I have found has been bogus.  I finally obtained a # where someone would look up the acct and I was told that the acct has been purged and the only info showing for me was my name, BK with no date and acct #.   I disputed it with Experian online, but it came back as verified.  Called TU and they are looking into it.  Sent certified letter to Equifax.  What else can I do??!!! 

Also, all of our accounts have been joint, but our reports say something totally different for him than for me.  Same accounts on his report say zero balance, but those accts for me say that I have past due balances and late payments.  HUGE MESS!!  I have spent over 27 hours online and on phone and $100 on buying credit reports. 

Also, I obtained a 3-in-1 report through creditexpert (Experian) and then through myfico and the TU's are totally different from each other!!  How can the same bureaus show something different depending on where you obtain them?? 

So for the length...just need help desperately!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Bell30012

Re: Company reported me as deceased...

Challenge the listing as inaccurate with all three CRA's while at the same time providing the CRA's with a copy of your valid driver's license or some other proof you are alive.

Several years ago I thought I had the foolproof way to get rid of a creditor and told the collection agency that I was deceased.  I had no idea they would add that to the credit report.  Two of the three CRA's took it off with a simple phone call, the third (at that time TRW) wanted proof that I was alive and who I said I was.  I sent them a photocopy of my freshly renewed driver's license and a photograph of me holding that days paper.

The good thing is the CRA's actually removed the entry rather than updating them.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could always go the other direction and send a copy of your CRs to your life insurance company. Big money, big money!
Message 3 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Check out the Credit Scoring 101 thread.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.