Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confession Good for the Soul?

tag
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Confession Good for the Soul?

Hmmmm do you have a rough idea of how much the total debt is?
Message 11 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

not really considering a BK, just trying to clean up my mistakes. In my mind and this instance IMHO a BK is cheating, I did it, now I gotta fix it. I can live with my scores this low. I pay cash for everything anyway. But am trying to do the grown up responsible thing. And take care of my mistakes, even if it hurts.
Message 12 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Boswd wrote:

Not including the child support probably only about 6k. That is another reason BK is not an option, it is just not that much money. But it is more than I have access to.

Message Edited by jaguls66 on 06-27-2007 12:12 PM
Message 13 of 65
Boswd
Valued Contributor

take it one collection at a time.   do some lifestyle changes.   Buy groceries with coupons, buy store brand items,    If you have a cable modem downgrade to dial up,   if you cable TV down grade to the basic or just get rid of it all together,  get rid of a phone if you have both cell and landline  many ways to save a buck

Good luck to you and just remember take it one collection at a time.  I would start with the smallest one first and work your way up using the snowball method.   All I would be doing my reputation an injustice if I didn't recommend  Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover.

Good luck.
Message 14 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Boswd wrote:
take it one collection at a time.   do some lifestyle changes.   Buy groceries with coupons, buy store brand items,    If you have a cable modem downgrade to dial up,   if you cable TV down grade to the basic or just get rid of it all together,  get rid of a phone if you have both cell and landline  many ways to save a buck

Good luck to you and just remember take it one collection at a time.  I would start with the smallest one first and work your way up using the snowball method.   All I would be doing my reputation an injustice if I didn't recommend  Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover.

Good luck.

Always buy groceris with coupons, or B1G1 free. DISH is part of the rent in my efficincy apt. as well as util., only have a cell for 5yrs or so. Cut every corner imaginable and am slowly getting it under control.
Message 15 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are the revolving accounts good or bad?

Are the collections and chargeoffs paid or unpaid?

What state are you in (that way I can tell you what the SOL is)?

Have you pulled all 3 CRs, not just your FICO scores?

Anything that's current, keep it current. If you have to make a Hobson's Choice, pay a collection or pay to keep a current account current, keep the current account current.

Message 16 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Are the revolving accounts good or bad?

Are the collections and chargeoffs paid or unpaid?

What state are you in (that way I can tell you what the SOL is)?

Have you pulled all 3 CRs, not just your FICO scores?

Anything that's current, keep it current. If you have to make a Hobson's Choice, pay a collection or pay to keep a current account current, keep the current account current.

All of them are bad, not paid off. except the Child Support. I am in AL and the SOL is 3yrs i believe. Only have 1 that I may be able to rescue on revolving before collecions gets it, I am trying to work something out with them now. I have opened 1 secured 300 CC, and another before long. Maybe next month.
Message 17 of 65
Boswd
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Boswd wrote:

Not including the child support probably only about 6k. That is another reason BK is not an option, it is just not that much money. But it is more than I have access to.

Oh Ok that's not earth shattering, you can definitly do it.   And time does heal all wounds.
Message 18 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Boswd wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Boswd wrote:

Oh Ok that's not earth shattering, you can definitly do it.   And time does heal all wounds.

If you don't bleed to death from them first.
Message 19 of 65
Boswd
Valued Contributor

are you familiar with the snowball effect on paying down debt?  IMHO  it is fantastic and it works
Message 20 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.