Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer Finance Accounts - List of Known Lenders

tag
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Re: Consumer Finance Accounts - List of Known Lenders

@chiefone4u wrote:

I personally like the Tulia memory foam mattress I purchased December 2017 from Mattress Firm -- they offered 0% APR for 60 months with a scheduled minimum payment (total purchase price divided by 60)... obviously there is no penalty or harm in making larger payments to pay off sooner.
Thanks.  I'll check this out.

MattressFirm's and now Synchrony Home report as a "Bankcard" account (same as my major cards).

Hope this helps.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 11 of 37
FlaDude
Established Contributor

As an aside, I wouldn't be too quick to jump on the Sleep Number bandwagon. A couple of DW's friends rave about their's so when we needed a new mattress that was the only place she wanted to look. We ended up spending almost $4k, and I don't find the mattress comfortable at all at any setting from 0 to 100. We did get 2 year 0% financing, but I'm sure we could have found a far more comfortable mattress for far less. If you buy into all of their bells and whistles you could probably top $8k. 

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 12 of 37
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Medic981 wrote:

Perhaps you should consider a Synchrony Home credit card if you want to avoid the CFA trap.

Looking on Synchrony's site I see that Mattress Firm accepts this card.

Sleep Number is also with Synchrony. My fiance works there and we financed a bed with the Sleep Number card. 24 mo. 0% interest, but since he's an employee, they only give him 12 mo. 0% interest. They're have a sale right now, which is the biggest of the year, and I think they're offering 36 mo. 0%. 

I honestly LOVE my bed and we purchased one before he started working there. We returned the one we initially bought (p5) and bought a Cal King i10 because it ended up being cheaper than the other bed with his discount. Either way, their beds are excellent and have fixed some of my sleeping issues. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 13 of 37
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@FlaDude wrote:

As an aside, I wouldn't be too quick to jump on the Sleep Number bandwagon. A couple of DW's friends rave about their's so when we needed a new mattress that was the only place she wanted to look. We ended up spending almost $4k, and I don't find the mattress comfortable at all at any setting from 0 to 100. We did get 2 year 0% financing, but I'm sure we could have found a far more comfortable mattress for far less. If you buy into all of their bells and whistles you could probably top $8k. 

I've seen negative reviews on all of my 3 choices which is why the living room furniture was purchased 1st for my "body recovery" project.  I've been hesitant to pull the trigger on the bed for several reasons but I have to take the leap at some point.  Thanks for you input.  Sleep Number is probably 3rd of the 3 as there are many parts/pieces and potential issues as I've read in reviews.

Message 14 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

have you made a decision? What bed did you get? If I may ask, I may be in the market myself...
Message 15 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the same mattress for I believe 16 years now, so I'm probably "due" for a new one.  I still find it comfortable though and 16 years ago it cost me $900... just a basic Sealy pillowtop or something.  I do have some minor sleep problems, but those problems are still there when I stay in hotels or anywhere else that's not on my mattress, which leads me to believe that it isn't "the" problem.

Message 16 of 37
Trudy
Valued Contributor

I went with Intellibed, the Midnight model which is the top of the line of the 3 models.  The labor day sale brought the price down to $5999 (1.5k off) and although the sale was suppose to come with an adjustable base (head only) the bed is too heavy and I would be charged for any base as the free one couldn't support it.  I lucked out and worked with a gentleman at Mattress Firm that I communicated with over the last 2 years search for the right bed.  He basically gave me a "Serta I series" adjustable base for free (head, foot and zero G).  Total purchase: $5800.  FYI, I live in Seattle and I'm from St. Louis and everything here is at least 2-3 times as much.  So could be cheaper in another state.

Although the mattresses I previously mentioned was in the running, not sure I mentioned this one but it was on may radar for the past year.  All have good and bad reviews but I had to pull the trigger and take advantage of a "labor day sale" for my back, hips and sleeping not more than 3-4 hrs each night.  Praying this is the right fit.  

Delivered today and I spent and hour lying on it adjusting it in every position....Heaven! I've been off since Wednesday dealing with various home projects and deliveries and this was the last today.  the 1st of the month is crucial for me at work as I work in finance.  Although the 1st business day of the month is the lesser of the 1st 10 days for me, I'm returning to work tomorrow, which is a crucial day..... BUT if I get the good night sleep I've been seeking for the last 5+ years, I might have to work from home and/or start much later Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet, let us know how it works out!

Message 18 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please let us know, and good luck with it. I hope it does the trick!
Message 19 of 37
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Thanks.  FYI - on EX I didn't take a hit on F8 scores for the INQ or new account somehow.  EX reported the INQ 9/2 and the new account hit 9/3.  Surprisingly the new acct did not report a balance (the bed purchase).  Won’t know about the other bureaus until I receive a MYFico alert or until my 3B pull on the 10th for EX.  But it has reported to TU, received an alert from Capital 1 credit monitoring.

Now I did take a hit on the other scores provided by EX.

9/2 INQ

MTG = -11pts

AUTO = -10pts

CC = -12pts

9/3 New Acct

MTG = -17pts

AUTO = -15pts

CC = -22pts

Score 3 = +4pts (odd)

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.