Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacted by Creditors

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contacted by Creditors

The last time I got my FICO scores, I was contacted by several creditors (one with a law suit) before I even had a chance to digest the information on the reports!

Does requesting your credit scores somehow 'reactivate' you with creditors?  How can I get my scores without my creditors being notified?  Has anybody else had this experience?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just pulling your reports should not. However, some CAs d...

Just pulling your reports should not. However, some CAs do soft or hard pulls periodically, even if the SOL has expired.

If you've applied with ABC Mortgage Company, XYZ Mortgage Company, and PDQ Mortgage Company, then a CA might figure out that you're house hunting and it's time to try again.

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 04-10-2007 01:39 PM
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Noah!   Thanks for the speedy reply.    No, I'm not ho...

Hi Noah!

Thanks for the speedy reply. 

No, I'm not househunting or anything, but I would like to purchase a new car this year.  I know my credit score is low and I would like to see a current report and start working on improving my score.
But after my last experience, I'm afraid to!

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just pulling reports should not be a problem. But it soun...

Just pulling reports should not be a problem. But it sounds like you're more interesting in some credit rehab, and that isn't really a strong point of this forum. Knowing the SOL on debts will help a lot.

creditinfocenter is where I go. PM me if you want a few helpful starting points over there.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, yes, credit rehab is the goal.  But without my curr...

Well, yes, credit rehab is the goal.  But without my current credit scores that I am now gun-shy to request, where do I begin?
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO scores aren't really necessary to start rehab. They...

FICO scores aren't really necessary to start rehab. They are nice, but not necessary.

TransUnions's TrueCredit, or some other Credit Monitoring Service that doesn't charge you to do soft pulls, is really what you need. You get FAKO scores with a CMS, which aren't true FICO scores, but it's a score nevertheless. As your FAKOs rise, your FICOs will follow. When your FAKOs change sufficiently, then it's worthwhile to pull your FICOs from MyFico.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contacted by Creditors

Noah,

You are just a wealth of information...I'm so glad I came here.  So the scores I get from the companies you suggested, will they show all the creditor information as well, or just my score?
I will go there tomorrow.  Thanks again for your help!
Message 7 of 13
credit12

This is the way you get good credit back:

1st if you really blew it say 300k to over 1 million or even if it is only 10k and that is too much to pay back . one run and hide for about 3-4 years or until the state you live in sat. of limitations runs out.
Bankruptcy is never a good option uless they have legally served you with a lawsuit and/or you have a judgement in place.
Forget for the next few years using your S.S. # that means everything from phones to electric you must put yourself in a creditors position what will they do to find you.
it saves over 3 years and most states in 3-4 years as long as you do not acknowledge the debt is yours you can come out but never make a payment for even 5 dollars. this workes for everything other than the government "of course"
Message 8 of 13
credit12

One are you married separate your credit use credit as a...

One are you married separate your credit use credit as a team, also open a company corp. credit is even more valuable than personal credit.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

amethyst,   All three credit bureaus offer so-called &quo...

amethyst,

All three credit bureaus offer so-called "3 in one reports"--all three credit reports and FAKO scores. You'll run into update glitches now and again where information isn't updated right away, but I've experienced that with MyFico alerts. And, the 3 in one reports let you soft pull your report every day so you can check to see whether something gets added, dropped or otherwise changes on your reports.

The format varies on each 3 in one report, but all pertinent credit info appears on 3 in ones. Same info as if you pulled all three reports from all three bureaus. Only thing TrueCredit doesn't show is soft pulls, but those don't affect anything.

I think all 3 offerings from all 3 credit bureaus run $14-15 a month. TrueCredit thru Walmart runs $11.21 a month.
https://www.truecredit.com/products/optimizedOrder.jsp?versionID=0&package=TriBureauCMU&formName=fre...

MyFico is still king of scores, but credit monitoring they don't seem to do very well.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.