cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Skymiles to Clear or Blue...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Converting Skymiles to Clear or Blue...

@Anonymous wrote:
I have both Clear and Blue.

Clear has a minimum CL of 4K - so if your delta doesn't have at least a 4K CL then you don't even stand a chance.

Blue has a minimum CL of 1K - so you'll likely be able to convert to Blue.

I recently did a conversion...

I started off with a Blue Cash and a Delta Gold. I asked to convert my Delta to a Clear and they said no, but they happily converted it to Blue Cash.

I then had them convert my existing Blue Cash to a Clear!

So how long did this process take for you? I'm interested in converting to Blue Cash from Blue if possible...
Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone know how this process is done, do they check your credit again?
I was just approved for Skymiles, haven't even recieved the card yet, but I actually want the Clear, I didn't think I would be approved for it straight up though, given the threads that I had read here.
Is it as simple as asking or are they looking for something specific when you request a conversion?

When I Converted my Delta to Blue - They converted it over the phone and the change took place at the end of the billing cycle - received the new card shortly after the end of the cycle.
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Would I be able to convert my AmEx Blue for Students to a regular AmEx Blue or Clear? And 2) Does converting qualify you for the benefits + introductory offers that you would get such as if you were to apply cold? I have a 4.5K CL on my Blue for Students. with Fico 's TU 682, EQ 696, EX 0 (I don't like EX). Also, I'm in WA state.
Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you call AMEX and tell them that you are considering converting to a card that may better match your current lifestyle they will give you a list of cards that yours can be converted to, that's what they did for me. The CSR read off a list of like 10-12 cards that my Delta could be converted to. They didn't though for the Blue Cash since I had just asked to convert it to Clear and the CSR just said yes - no haggling was necessary for that one.
Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

How about combining cards? Do you know anything about that?
Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

To "combine" an amex the easiest way to to go online and reallocate all but $1000 to the card you want to keep then call and cancel the card you don't want, you'll lose $1000 worth of CL this way though.

AMEX really give YOU a line of credit, then allows you to allocate the limits to your cards as you see fit. This is once you have the card that is.
Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
To "combine" an amex the easiest way to to go online and reallocate all but $1000 to the card you want to keep then call and cancel the card you don't want, you'll lose $1000 worth of CL this way though.

AMEX really give YOU a line of credit, then allows you to allocate the limits to your cards as you see fit. This is once you have the card that is.

I don't want to apply for another Amex card when I rarely use my Blue now. I requested for a CLI a couple of days ago and they said they need some time to consider this and that it may take 7-10 business days... I just want them to match my existing highest limit (which is only 7.5k). I called their automated system today and it said that Amex generally gives you a CLI every 30 days which is so awesome. lol. But none for me I guess. Smiley Sad
Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Considering the clear has no late, overlimit, annual, balance transfer or cash advance fees I would think it would be harder to get than the blue.  It is a matter of risk.
Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

i got a delta skymile converted to Amex Blue after a month. I originally got this card with EX score of 574. They gave me $1k CL and declined for CLI.

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EX score was 606, they gave me 2k CL, haven't gotten the card yet, not sure if I'll ask for a CLI on activation, but I think I will ask to convert, seems like it's easy enough and no harm to ask from what I've read so far.
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.