cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Countrywide says "no more goodwill deletes"...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Countrywide says "no more goodwill deletes"...

I spoke last week with a rep in the "Office of the President" at Countrywide Home Loans. They've been trying to compete with NationStar for my refinance loan, and I asked the Countrywide rep if they would assist in removing a "rolling" 30-day late that occured last October/November.

The rep actually admitted that THIS website... MyFico.com... had stirred up so much interest in "GW" letters that they are mad about it and that they are refusing any more assistance to customers, especially with regard to deleting any lates.

Frankly, this is why most of us just don't feel sorry for the mess that Countrywide finds itself in right now... the company is on the brink of BANKRUPTCY according to many news sources. Of course, the executives will land softly with nice salaries, etc... but many of those who will be laid-off or "downsized" will be those same reps that have treated their customers like trash. I'll bet many of them will look back and wonder "what could we have done different"...
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Re: Countrywide says "no more goodwill deletes"...

Uuugghh! And to think I was going to write a gw to them this week! My mortgage is with them..ugh
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some around here may call me a jerk, but I really hope the mortgage "crisis" keeps going. House prices have gone crazy in the last 5 or so years and need to be brought back down to earth.

That said, it would be very easy for these sub-prime mortgage companies to help themselves by helping their customers. All they really need to do is offer to fix the rates that people are currently paying instead of resetting the ARM and making it so that their customers can't afford them and wind up foreclosing. Too many foreclosures is obviously not good for business.

Around here (upstate NY) a nice house has gotten to the point where it's about 300-400K plus taxes are about 7-12K/yr. That's NUTS. I'd like to see those prices come back down to 250-300K - where they belong.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditHawk wrote:
I spoke last week with a rep in the "Office of the President" at Countrywide Home Loans. They've been trying to compete with NationStar for my refinance loan, and I asked the Countrywide rep if they would assist in removing a "rolling" 30-day late that occured last October/November.

The rep actually admitted that THIS website... MyFico.com... had stirred up so much interest in "GW" letters that they are mad about it and that they are refusing any more assistance to customers, especially with regard to deleting any lates.

Frankly, this is why most of us just don't feel sorry for the mess that Countrywide finds itself in right now... the company is on the brink of BANKRUPTCY according to many news sources. Of course, the executives will land softly with nice salaries, etc... but many of those who will be laid-off or "downsized" will be those same reps that have treated their customers like trash. I'll bet many of them will look back and wonder "what could we have done different"...

Thanks to MYFICO, I bet the CRAs, OC,CAs have received more mail then they thought possible
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scramblingin2007 wrote:
Uuugghh! And to think I was going to write a gw to them this week! My mortgage is with them..ugh

I'd still go ahead and try anyway. It's possible that the guy I spoke with was just "spouting off" about all the bad press that Countrywide has been getting in the media and here on this forum. You've got nothing to lose by snding that GW letter, and if it ends up in the hands of someone at Countrywide that woke up in a good mood (rare at that company these days) you might just get your wish.

As for me, I'm going to give this rep guy one more opportunity to delete that late, and then I'm going to go up the ladder to his boss and see where we can go with all of this. If they've done it in the past, there's no reason they shouldn't do it now.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditHawk wrote:

Many of those heartless a-holes will be here asking for gw help when they miss their mortgage payment from being laid off
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

steelfan wrote:

CreditHawk wrote:

Many of those heartless a-holes will be here asking for gw help when they miss their mortgage payment from being laid off

Y got that right!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thank God that I got that rolling late deleted because I really need to refi and that would have only made things worse for us in the end.  Countrywide will realize that they are not the god of mortgages that their swollen ego's have allowed them to believe.  Housing costs and taxes are to the extreme and foreclosures are unavoidable if they don't do something to help the customers out.  If our own lenders who supposedly have thousands of options available to help us can't help us when we are down, who will?  This is a crisis that is affecting everyone's livelyhood and these mtg. companies and lenders are going to be affected as well as our economy.  Our country needs to pray to God for the salvation and resurrection that is needed in our economy cause man alone can't do it.

Eve
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

RESPONDING TO:
"Thanks to MYFICO, I bet the CRAs, OC,CAs have received more mail then they thought possible"

Great!  Flood those creditors with tons of disputes. Overwhelm them to the point that they cannot respond in the required time period and we will get more deletions based on no response. Not sure if this work or not, but it sounds good to meSmiley Happy))))
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.