Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Bureau Nightmare!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Bureau Nightmare!

I just checked my credit with the three major agencies. I had a BK discharged in 2005. My credit report is a mess. I had not included my home or cars in the BK. These accounts were paid on time and in full, however, the CB are reporting that they were included in the BK. One of the cars got repo in the middle of the night, about 14 months ago, I called my attorney, he looked into the paper work and told me, oops! Iforgot to have you sign a reaffirmation agreement, he then toldme that since I had no obligation to pay the creditor and that since they had the car they could not report negative info to the credit agencies, well they have, the creditor is reporting that it was included in the BK, I never paid the account late, it was not in the BK and they are reporting 1 late payment. This is just the tip of the iceberg with my credit report. So many errors and the online disputes are not going well. I have documentation to support all of my issues on the reports. I think some of these creditors have taken a huge liberty in there reporting. I feel like I should take legal action. Any advise appreciated.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Bureau Nightmare!

salorj wrote:
I just checked my credit with the three major agencies. I had a BK discharged in 2005. My credit report is a mess. I had not included my home or cars in the BK. These accounts were paid on time and in full, however, the CB are reporting that they were included in the BK. One of the cars got repo in the middle of the night, about 14 months ago, I called my attorney, he looked into the paper work and told me, oops! Iforgot to have you sign a reaffirmation agreement, he then toldme that since I had no obligation to pay the creditor and that since they had the car they could not report negative info to the credit agencies, well they have, the creditor is reporting that it was included in the BK, I never paid the account late, it was not in the BK and they are reporting 1 late payment. This is just the tip of the iceberg with my credit report. So many errors and the online disputes are not going well. I have documentation to support all of my issues on the reports. I think some of these creditors have taken a huge liberty in there reporting. I feel like I should take legal action. Any advise appreciated.

Before you can take legal action you have to give them a chance to correct the reporting.  Write a detailed request to the one reporting late and state it was included in BK.  CC the bureaus with a dispute letter and a notation on the letter to the reporter that you are disputing.  Give them 45 days to give you an answer.  Include any supporting documentation you may have.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Bureau Nightmare!

I know you filed bk but they can legally take your vehicle even if you are making on time payments? Seems like your attorney messed up and should be helping you for free to clear up their error. I don't know if you have any legal recourse with the attorney or not. Scary!

Brammy is correct give the bureaus some time and try not to be overwhelmed by it all. You have taken the right steps by making yourself aware and taking positive action.

Hang in there!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.