Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Approval with low credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card Approval with low credit score

My ex score is 544 as of today...are there any credit card companies that I can get approved through? I need to open more credit accounts to boost my score. Thanks for any suggestions.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card Approval with low credit score

I got a salute MC with a score like that. The fees are horrible though. You may want to do a little bit more repair work and try for a credit one. i just got one with a 589 EX score and the fees are 1/2. Good Luck! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

This'll probably get moved to the CC forum soon, but try whogavemecredit.com that'll give you some ideas, you can also look into secured cards which are your best bet, still not guaranteed BofA pulls Ex (or did for me a week ago) and I got approved for a secured card with them via mail.  (It came with my rejection letter for an unsecured haha)

Oh yeah in terms of fees, BofA just has an annual fee that's pretty reasonable.  If you bank with Wells Fargo they have a decent annual fee on their secured card but I don't know what they pull/what score they take.

Message Edited by modernsurrender on 03-03-2008 02:07 PM
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

southerngirl, where did that score come from? There are many kinds of scores, but the only one that really counts are scores from FICO, as 90% of the lenders use that when considering granting credit.

If it is FICO, then one place to start is right here at myFiCO. Look to the black menu bar on the right...the catagory marked Get a Credit Card. Run a search based on your score.

There is also a great website:  whogavemecredit.com:

Make sure the score you enter is a FICO score.

There's also, ScoreMatch:

That should get you a goin'.  Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.