cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Offers - Pre-Approvals, etc.

tag
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

Credit Card Offers - Pre-Approvals, etc.

I know I should be the last person to complain but I haven't received any offers in months. I really surprised with my scores. I know most people see them as junk mail or find them annoying or tempting but I find it interesting to know which companies are trying to court me. I wonder if the credit crunch has anything to do with it.
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
nosxih
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Card Offers - Pre-Approvals, etc.

Did you opt out somehow maybe?
That would slow things down.
Message 2 of 14
marty56
Super Contributor

MIght be a cost savings measure.

I dont get much either.  Only AE and WAMU.  AE stoped sending frig magnets.  Interesting enough I do get stuff from some banks about my mortgage but not their CC,  I guess they are going after my house.  Why get say 10k from Marty when we can the big prize.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can go the opt out website and opt in:

Just beware because I think this may allow the CRAs to sell your CRs to CAs.
Message 4 of 14
cobra19
Valued Contributor

BB - if there's a fraud alert on your files you won't be receiving any pre-approvals either.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 5 of 14
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I purposely opted-out.  I don't want anyone getting ahold of those from my mail & besides...I'll pick the next card I take.  Just like the last 2. 

Just an FYI...after the opt-out, that slowed down all my junk mail considerably!
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opted out until I realized I couldn't use those places that did soft pulls to pre approve you like Wamu, BoA, Speigel, etc.

I opted back in a few weeks ago.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBYGRL wrote:
I know I should be the last person to complain but I haven't received any offers in months. I really surprised with my scores. I know most people see them as junk mail or find them annoying or tempting but I find it interesting to know which companies are trying to court me. I wonder if the credit crunch has anything to do with it.

BBYGRL--

I have high FICO scores and I also don't receive very many offers.  A few years ago, my scores dropped from the 800s to the low 790s, and I received numerous offers.  As soon as my scores rebounded into the 800s, the number of offers declined.  I don't know if credit card companies think that you'll probably pay off your balances monthly, so they won't profit from finance charges, or why this occurs. 

Message Edited by psychic on 06-05-2008 02:27 PM
Message 8 of 14
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

@nosxih wrote:
Did you opt out somehow maybe?
That would slow things down.

No.
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Message 9 of 14
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BBYGRL wrote:

BBYGRL--
I have high FICO scores and I also don't receive very many offers. A few years ago, my scores dropped from the 800s to the low 790s, and I received numerous offers. As soon as my scores rebounded into the 800s, the number of offers declined. I don't know if creditors think that you'll probably pay off your balances monthly, so they won't profit from finance charges, or why this occurs.

Thanks Psychic. That makes sense. The pre-approvals stopped right after I hit the 800's.
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.