Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Reporting Twice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card Reporting Twice

I have a Best Buy card and the limit is $2000.  I am in the process of a refinance of my house and the lender pulled my credit reports.  The report showed that Best Buy is reporting twice.  One is to Experian and the other one has Transunion and Equifax.  They are both showing the same balance.  Could this be effecting my credit score?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card Reporting Twice

I'm interested in this answer too.  I have a card that's showing the same way.   The same on two CRA's and then on Transunion in a different way (the all leave out some of the account nembers).

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Geenie wrote:
I have a Best Buy card and the limit is $2000.  I am in the process of a refinance of my house and the lender pulled my credit reports.  The report showed that Best Buy is reporting twice.  One is to Experian and the other one has Transunion and Equifax.  They are both showing the same balance.  Could this be effecting my credit score?

It should be reporting on all three.  Best buy reports to all three bureaus.  Did your lender make this out to be something negative?  If so, find anothe lender, they should know better

Message 3 of 7
illcrew3
Regular Contributor

My bestbuy card does the samething as well as my Dell revolving account.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I realy don't know what yall are talking about. Can you explain what reporting twice is? Do you have the TL twice on each CRA report?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

On my CR's Transunion has the account  as 25000XXXX    ThenEquifax and Experian have the same account listed with the number 000000xxxxx with different amounts for credit limit, etc. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

belverbears wrote:
On my CR's Transunion has the account  as 25000XXXX    ThenEquifax and Experian have the same account listed with the number 000000xxxxx with different amounts for credit limit, etc. 

The account number format can be different for each bureau.  I wouldbe concerned however with the difference in CLs. I know somw bureaus will round it up to the next even fifty or down as the case may be.  A 530 limit may report as 550. (I have a card with an odd limit)  others will report actual limit.

Is there a big difference in the limit amount?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.