Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card & Credit Score

tag
sgmjqb
Established Member

Credit Card & Credit Score

I have been working on improving my overall credit card portfolio and score. My scores are EQ 689, EX 667 and TU 659 all FICO 8 Scores.

Currently, I have two credit cards NFCU Flag CL $24,000.00 BAL $00.00, Discover CL $2,500.00 BAL $00.00. I always PIF every month.

Credit History

BK 7 Jul 2013

No other bads or collections.

What should I do to improve credit score, do I need more CC? if so what do you recommend?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card & Credit Score

Nothing will have anywhere near as much impact as when the bankruptcy comes off. 

How much spending do you put through in a month? If your utilization is high you can improve your score by paying down the balance before the statement date

Message 2 of 4
sgmjqb
Established Member

I spend about $8K on NFCU and $750.00 on Discover.
Message 3 of 4
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Credit History

BK 7 Jul 2013

- My BK7 was discharged Jan. 2011. You get a big bump when those accounts included in BK fall off your credit reports at 7 years. My Fico scores were in the 670s and when my IIB accounts fell off my Fico scores went up to around 720, but I did have a bunch of late pays on those accounts.

I have two credit cards

- You get the max boost to your score when you have 3 CCs, with one reporting under 9% utilization and the other two 0%. Also you'll get a boost to your score when you have an installment loan also reporting under 9% of the original loan amount. The easiest way to do this is a share secured loan, a loan secured by savings. I'm pretty sure Navy Fed offers this. Take out a loan for $500-$1000, immediately pay it down to under 9% and then string it along as long as you can.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.