Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card or Personal Loan??

tag
firemartinez1980
Regular Contributor

Credit Card or Personal Loan??

Pardon me if this isnt the correct place to post this, but.....

I need a loan or credit card for around $2500. I have to have work done on my vehicle and need this to pay for it.

My credit score has went from around a 485 about 15 months ago to currently a 619 and the only debt I have is a small credit card for under $500 and a BK from 8 years ago. I have paid off alot of credit cards and loans over the past year as well as a collection, so everything has been getting better.

I have applied for Paypal Credit, Capital One Credit card, Discover Credit Card and USAA Personal loan and was DENIED on all of them for whatever reason.....

My income is around $55,000 a year and I have been at my Job for 19 years and Still cannot get a **bleep** loan...

ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO NEXT OR WHO TO APPLY WITH??

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card or Personal Loan??

Hate to say it, but you're going to need to figure out a way other than credit to get through this.  

Having post BK derogs stings terribly. Might need to walk/bus/bike/uber around until you can raise the cash.

Message 2 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

What kind of repairs for that much money? Must be a transmission.

Message 3 of 6
SlideOrInsert
Regular Contributor

how is your DTI?  if you do belong to usaa you might qualify for nfcu...  search the forums and see that they can be relatively generous with fair scores WITH low DTI.

what derogs are actually on your reports?  more info is needed for a better attempt.

upgrade
9/2022
$30000
nfcu
8/2020
$20000
nfcu
12/2018
$30000
bofa
8/2016
$30000
citi
3/2016
$21000
discover
5/2014
$20000
chase
10/2007
$8900
Message 4 of 6
Openwater
Established Contributor

I can't speak from personal experience, but a friend found success with a personal loan from the recommendations on Credit Karma. I can't say they will work per say, but he found success and competative rate. 

Maybe at least take a glance at it. Best of luck.

Discover 22K ---------------------------- Credit Union MC 17K
Cap1 QS 11K ---------------------------- Barclay 3.4K
AMEX Blue Cash AU 15.5K ------ Barclay Apple AU 10K
AMEX BCP 15K
1 Installment loans:
Auto 60K /

AMEX Hilton Aspire 25K
Vantage 3.0: TU:738 EQ: 737 03-17-2020
Ch. 7 DC 12/2014
Message 5 of 6
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@firemartinez1980 wrote:

Pardon me if this isnt the correct place to post this, but.....

I need a loan or credit card for around $2500. I have to have work done on my vehicle and need this to pay for it.

My credit score has went from around a 485 about 15 months ago to currently a 619 and the only debt I have is a small credit card for under $500 and a BK from 8 years ago. I have paid off alot of credit cards and loans over the past year as well as a collection, so everything has been getting better.

I have applied for Paypal Credit, Capital One Credit card, Discover Credit Card and USAA Personal loan and was DENIED on all of them for whatever reason.....

My income is around $55,000 a year and I have been at my Job for 19 years and Still cannot get a **bleep** loan...

ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO NEXT OR WHO TO APPLY WITH??

Where exactly did you get your credit score? Who did you include in your BK? I am concerned that two credit card companies that should be eager are instead not wanting to have any relationship. USAA is also a preferred lender for the military but I am not sure of how the BK applies to them. How exactly were you expecting to pay your mechanic with PayPal? I am most concerned about where you really are and what lenders are left as options. Who backs your existing card?

Last but not least all of the collections were after the BK or before? If before that means you had them discharged or restructured and are no longer required to pay them unless they are restructured and in that case you just pay the restructured amount. If you do pay an account after BK that is not properly done via the court order they can rereport it. If after the BK then you have some more rebuilding to do as the average FICO score is 680.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.