Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards or LOC of $15-20k

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Cards or LOC of $15-20k

Credit Limit Question

I recently joined this forum and very happy my wife told me about it. Very knowledgeable people here.  Trying to use my new updated credit scores for my wife and I to start a business. We need $15-$20k to start and she is at 719 and I'm at 678. Woodforest just approved me for a LOC of $2500.

My questions are as follows:

Are there any credit cards or banks that offer that amount?

Where do our FICO scores need to be to qualify?

Do we have to setup a business first or can we accomplish this personally?

Thank you in advance for your consideration

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Cards or LOC of $15-20k

Speaking as some one who has owned many different types of biz over the years;  I would never start one based on credit card debt. Most start ups fail in the first 3 years.  Even if they "go" for the first 2 or so years you will be not making  a profit.  I have always used cash to start and then if I needed to exspand borowed money or getting a line of credit. Can one of you run and be the biz while the other one pays ALL the household bills for the next two years? Credit cards debt is 16 to 23%  high cost and very very few banks loan start ups unless you have heavy assets to secure the loan.     Even with our current biz dw and i usually try keep $20K  at the least in cash in the biz for slow months and this is well known well established biz. I hate to sound so negative but you can't just start up on a wing and a prayer.   

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.