Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check Total Monitoring is closing shop

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Check Total Monitoring is closing shop

Hi Everyone,

I use to belong to the Credit Check Total site for the monitoring of my 3 bureaus.. I use to pay $15/month for unlimited EX Fico score and report updates, and every 30 days I could get a new 3-credit bureaus report with this fee. I just got told by a representative that they're no longer going to be doing this anymore and that Credit Check Total is a very old system and therefore they're going to dissapear.. Does anyone know anything about this? if so, who is the next good credit report monitoring that is just a good? I like that I only paid $15/month because I don't want to pay the usual $30/mo for this service and some of them don't even update daily.. they do it once a month or once every 2-3 months with only one report.  I'd really appreciate your input. Thanks and have a nice day.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Check Total Monitoring is closing shop

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I use to belong to the Credit Check Total site for the monitoring of my 3 bureaus.. I use to pay $15/month for unlimited EX Fico score and report updates, and every 30 days I could get a new 3-credit bureaus report with this fee. I just got told by a representative that they're no longer going to be doing this anymore and that Credit Check Total is a very old system and therefore they're going to dissapear.. Does anyone know anything about this? if so, who is the next good credit report monitoring that is just a good? I like that I only paid $15/month because I don't want to pay the usual $30/mo for this service and some of them don't even update daily.. they do it once a month or once every 2-3 months with only one report.  I'd really appreciate your input. Thanks and have a nice day.

This is news to me, I am sure others in the myFICO forum with chime in.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have anything to add other than this is probably the 3rd or 4th thread this month and probably the 10th in the last 6 months that have referenced CCT "shutting down" or "going away" etc. yet I and 99% of the people on this forum are not experiencing any issues.

Any time someone experiences any sort of adversity with CCT it seems another thread pops up to further churn the waters.  Until we see a majority chiming in with similar experiences, we can continue to say that these incidents are the exception, not the rule.

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reports of the death of CCT is greatly exaggerated.
Message 4 of 27
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't have anything to add other than this is probably the 3rd or 4th thread this month and probably the 10th in the last 6 months that have referenced CCT "shutting down" or "going away" etc. yet I and 99% of the people on this forum are not experiencing any issues.

Any time someone experiences any sort of adversity with CCT it seems another thread pops up to further churn the waters.  Until we see a majority chiming in with similar experiences, we can continue to say that these incidents are the exception, not the rule.

Besides, I just learned about the revolving $1 trial and have not had a chance to exploit it! It simply can't end!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 5 of 27
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Yeah...I just signed up today

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Medic981

Besides, I just learned about the revolving $1 trial and have not had a chance to exploit it! It simply can't end!

Revolve it 50+ times and you'll be a strong believer that there's nothing adverse going on with CCT.

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I check my scores daily. All is well so far.

Message 8 of 27
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

It seems this may be going into effect.  I could not sign up for the trial and was given a couple different messages.  I finally was directed to Experian and then called them as well and it seems that CCT might be gone for new subscribers.  It seems that it will be replaced by Creditworks Premium.

https://www.experian.com/consumer-products/credit-monitoring.html#

https://www.experian.com/consumer-products/compare-credit-report-and-score-products.html

It lloks like a similar product without the $1 trials but says it gives you daily EX score..  Fico8, I presume.  Those with the CCT 5 year plan might get to stay on that?  I wonder if a deal will be offered here when you call to cancel after the $4.99 first month?

May offer other scoring models in the future?

1Credit score is calculated based on FICO® Score 8 model, unless otherwise noted. In addition to the FICO® Score 8, we may offer and provide other base or industry-specific FICO® Scores (such as FICO® Auto Scores and FICO® Bankcard Scores). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than FICO® Score 8 or such other base or industry-specific FICO® Score (if available), or another type of credit score altogether.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that's seems a really weird way to go about closing down a service.

I just signed up for a new trial subscription on Monday 10/1.  Then today (10/4) I cancelled it, then immediately signed up for a new trial subscription so I could get fresh credit scores.  So many rumors of CCT shutting down but it still continues to run.

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 2.30.18 PM.png

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.