Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check Total is Going Away?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Check Total is Going Away?

Had a trial of CCT in the past and tried to sign up again this morning but my account wouldn't sign in. Tried to reset password and got an error message. Called customer service a few minutes ago and was told by the Experian rep that the company is phasing out CCT and no new sign ups are allowed. He checked with his supervisor who told him the same thing. I know there's a lawsuit about CCT going on. Not sure if this guy has his facts straight but according to him, CCT would soon be completely shut down. 

Just wanted to share. 

63 REPLIES 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Check Total is Going Away?

@Anonymous wrote:

Had a trial of CCT in the past and tried to sign up again this morning but my account wouldn't sign in. Tried to reset password and got an error message. Called customer service a few minutes ago and was told by the Experian rep that the company is phasing out CCT and no new sign ups are allowed. He checked with his supervisor who told him the same thing. I know there's a lawsuit about CCT going on. Not sure if this guy has his facts straight but according to him, CCT would soon be completely shut down. 

Just wanted to share. 

I haven't heard anything about this myself. I logged in to CCT earlier this morning (as well as just this minute) and everything worked as normal. That being said, I'm planning to cancel my CCT account this month anyway.

Message 2 of 64
Billharrell
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the heads-up (and for hanging out on hold for 2 hours). I've had limited access the past couple of weeks, certain functions not working. Just tried to log in and reached a blank screen. 

Here's a hijacking: Anyone know of a comparable "planning" tool, that allows to to simulate your future score based on your file and anticipated payments, CLI's etc.?

2/18 FICO 8's:
EX(692): 3.1yrs, 8 inq.
TU(654): 0.3yrs, 3 inq.
EQ(683): 3.1yrs, 3 inq.
Utilization: 50%

Wall of Shame (recent denials/wish list):

Message 3 of 64
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I'm speculating that Experian will position CreditWorks Premium as the replacement platform.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't know what you guys are talking about.  I've logged into CCT about six times today and I just tested it by logging in and out; clearing my cookies and history, closing my browser, the logging back in and it works as normal.  I just cancelled a trial a few minutes ago and now its telling me I'm eligible for another trial.

BTW, if CCT is going away why did they recently add a link to cancel your account in the My Account/Payment Information section?

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 12.39.52 PM.png

Message 5 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian CreditWorks Premium is superior to CreditCheckTotal.  The only problem is that the trial costs $4.95 and you only get one 3B pull for 30 days while you get two 3B pulls in 10 days with CCT for $1.

@coldfusion wrote:

I'm speculating that Experian will position CreditWorks Premium as the replacement platform.

Message 6 of 64
arkane
Established Contributor

Can confirm OP's findings. Was working fine up until the cancellation date (July 1). After that it always tells me "invalid credentials" when I try to log in, and trying to reset my password either online or through email simply results in a "we could not locate your account" error. 

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 7 of 64
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't know what you guys are talking about.  I've logged into CCT about six times today and I just tested it by logging in and out; clearing my cookies and history, closing my browser, the logging back in and it works as normal.  I just cancelled a trial a few minutes ago and now its telling me I'm eligible for another trial.

BTW, if CCT is going away why did they recently add a link to cancel your account in the My Account/Payment Information section?

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 12.39.52 PM.png

There have been (AFAIK, unsubstantiated) rumors floating about elsewhere over the last several weeks that Experian is going to discontinue the service.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 8 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@arkane wrote:

Can confirm OP's findings. Was working fine up until the cancellation date (July 1). After that it always tells me "invalid credentials" when I try to log in, and trying to reset my password either online or through email simply results in a "we could not locate your account" error. 

I've read if you cancel via online account this is what you'll get. I've yet to see anyone who cancels by phone have a problem, self included. 

Message 9 of 64
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Same thing happened to me. Tried signing up for the dollar trial last night after not using them for several months. Couldn't sign in, kept getting error message of invalid credentials. Thinking my account had maybe been purged I re-applied and provided my funding card information. Was asked a series of security questions but then was unable to actually access the site. Wouldn't let me log-in but they charged my card immediately!  Tried re-setting via email but got a screen saying to call in for help.  Received a "welcome" email with the same member number I have always had. Called every number I could find this morning. Talked to a rep in the Experian fraud department who was very insistent on getting me off the phone and providing me with the "correct" number to call for help with Credit Check Total..(866)506-7894.  Of course that number led nowhere but to a phone tree that never gave an option to speak with a representative.  I sent them 2 emails requesting cancellation even though I never got the three trial reports I got charged a dollar for.  Guess I am just out of luck on that charge.  Serves me right though, after having a nightmare trying to cancel in the past I had swore I would never sign up again. Lesson bought and paid for!

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 10 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.