Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Freeze and CLIs

tag
mmajer4211
Regular Contributor

Credit Freeze and CLIs

Does having your credit files frozen impact the ability to recieve CLIs? For example, I cannot request a CLI on my Chase IHG Premier card and was wondering how they calculate giving one out. I have received a CLI from them, and it was a pretty significant one, but have not received one in quite some time. Thanks everyone

MASSIVE OVERHALL (48) MONTHS IN

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit Freeze and CLIs

Existing lenders have the ability to access your information through a freeze. However, some lenders require the bureaus to be thawed or unlocked in order to get a CLI. You would need to ask a lender what their policy is.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on lender, you can search which ones do SP vs HP CLIs..

Chase does HP upon you requesting one, or may do an automatic CLI at random? times, based upon review of your accounts.

Message 3 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase does HP upon you requesting one, or may do an automatic CLI at random? times, based upon review of your accounts.

It's not just HP vs SP.  For example, Sync on Paypal Cashback MC (and maybe others, but that's the one I know!), require the bureau be unlocked even though they do a soft pull.

Message 4 of 6
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

CRs must be thawed or unlocked for all HP CLIs. And yes Chase is one of them. 

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 5 of 6
ccquest
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's not just HP vs SP.  For example, Sync on Paypal Cashback MC (and maybe others, but that's the one I know!), require the bureau be unlocked even though they do a soft pull.

Any idea on US Bank by any chance?

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.