Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Help

My FICO score is 498. Please provide me with ideas on what I can do to increase my score. Would you suggest that I reach out to a credit councelor who can assist me with cleaning up my credit?

Thank you,

EGLY

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Help

Plase provide more information about your credit history.  This would include what you owe on your accounts and and bad info on your report.

The first thing you can do is to try to get your credit cart util under 10% ir you have outstanding balances on them.

The smart people here can help you further once your provide a better picture of your credit history.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 4
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

Step One - Pull all three of your CRs first and see what's on them. You have to know what derog info is hurting your score before you can devise a plan of action.
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

EGLY wrote:
My FICO score is 498. Please provide me with ideas on what I can do to increase my score. Would you suggest that I reach out to a credit councelor who can assist me with cleaning up my credit?

Thank you,

EGLY

Welcome EGLY!  Please read

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.