cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma Credit Score Simulator Doesn't work?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma Credit Score Simulator Doesn't work?

I have a small debt and was just curious what my CK score would be if I was using only 6%. CK said If I reduced my debt to 6% usage I would lose 55 points. I don't think CK score simulator works.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma Credit Score Simulator Doesn't work?

I used their simulator today and it said it I aged my report by 2 years there would be no change in score, which I also feel isn't accurate.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost all "simulators" are BS.  They only take into consideration a few pieces of information (the few that you can alter in the simulator) which isn't nearly enough to give an accurate prediction.  I've seen some people say that simulators are pretty close for them, but for me they've never been any closer to 60-70 points off.

Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

In my experience, I haven't found a simulator that is decently accurate. More or less I take them as being used for informational purposes and nothing more.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Do you have or intend to apply with any creditors that use a TU or EQ VantageScore 3.0 anyway?

Don't rely on the simulators.  Read up on the standard factors and their typical weights.  For VantageScore:

http://your.vantagescore.com/score-influences

for FICO:

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.