Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma... are you drunk?!

tag
Little_Lulu
Contributor

Credit Karma... are you drunk?!

Just logged in to my sister's credit karma account (Don't worry, I have permission) and I see this - 

There are 10 accounts with late payments reported in your payment history.

Accounts Type Status Total Late Payments Payment Status Reported By
DPT ED/NAVIStudentOpen17Past DueTransUnion
CB/EXPRESSCredit CardOpen1Past DueTransUnion
DEPT OF ED/NAVIENTOtherOpen1Past DueEquifax
DEPT OF ED/NAVIENTOtherOpen1Past DueEquifax
DEPT OF ED/NAVIENTOtherOpen33Past DueEquifax
DEPT OF ED/NAVIENTOtherOpen20Past DueEquifax
COMENITY BANK/VCTRSSOtherOpen1Past DueEquifax
DISCOVER BANKOtherOpen1Past DueEquifax
CAPITAL ONE BANK USAOtherOpen1Past DueEquifax
CAPITAL ONE BANK USAOtherOpen1Past DueEquifax
NAVY FEDERAL CUOtherOpen1Past DueEquifax
COMENITY BANK/EXPRESOtherOpen1Past DueEquifax

What the freaking heck. I almost flipped out on my sister... I thought she let her accounts go past due, AT FIRST. Turns out it's just a fluke on credit karma's behalf.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit Karma... are you drunk?!

Smiley Sad Unfortunately sometimes you get what you pay for. They are adding EQ to TU that may have something to do with mistakes when updating accounts.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 14
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Yeah they got me good when i was trying to figure some stuff out on my report Smiley Tongue

If I check a freebie report  somewhere else I see dates and times and amounts for my judgements, credit karmas new report for me has blank info for every judgement even filing status.  I think they are still tweaking it even if you already have it on there.  Or these reports are horribly innaccurate and missing bits of info and its supposed to be that way, ya never know Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw the same thing on mine!  They told me that I was late on 2 new cc's that I haven't even received the bill for yet!  I was not happy. 

Message 4 of 14
xnxo
Contributor

Glad I saw this before I logged on today! I would've flipped out.

BoA Cash Rewards $1.9k, Cap1 QS $1.1k, Amex ED $2k, Amex BCE $7.5k, Amex PRG: NPSL w/ Opt to Carry, Kohls $300, VS $2.8k, Paypal Credit $1.8K, Sears MC $4K, CareCredit $1k
12-6-13 EX FICO: 591
Current Score: EXP: 708 (FICO 1/2015) EQ: 740 (FICO 12/2014) TU: 750 (12/14/14 FAKO)
Goal score: 750 across by JAN 2018! Gardening as of AUG 21, 2017 - GOAL 12 MONTHS
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy New Year Everyone!

I have both Credit.com and CreditKarma.com for reviewing my stuff.. The Credit.com site is actually a pathetic attempt to SELL you monitoring. You get NOTHING not even a preview of your credit or anything of the like(including credit cards). They told me my score went up to 757 today and said that my debt decreased but would not show me anything specific.

As for CreditKarma.com, I LOVE THIS SITE! I have had in the past a small issue with incorrect reporting and contacted them to have it remedied immediately. They show you your credit report from TransUnion and you can link all your accounts, ie.. credit cards etc. The score that they give is 685 as of today (1/1/15) and this is what my bank uses. I won't leave this website unless something drastic happens. They have already updated a dispute from Tue of this week where I had an OLD account still showing.

Just thought I would chime in.. I like the site and I will advocate the use of it for now.

Shadow65281

Message 6 of 14
cassett
Contributor

creditkarma just switched me over to the TU and EQ scores and the same thing happened to me. Its showing all of my student loans as past due on my equifax report. 

So i quickly checked my official equifax report and it shows pays as agreed.

Crazy creditkarma

Starting Score: EQ 8/14 545
Current Score: EQ 640
Goal Score:650 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Don't stress, it'll be sorted in their software eventually but you'll be fine next month from the sounds of it.

        
Message 8 of 14
shoo
Frequent Contributor

I may make a separate post, but looking at CK, it says I have 6 inq in the past year on TU and 7 on EQ. All of this I thought to be true until I bought my fico scores today and there are only 3 across all bureaus. Do y'all know if CK shows soft inquiries too or something?? 

$4200$1000$2650$53,000$6500$2500$12,500$7000$7000$34,700$12,100$10,000
EX - 790 | TU - 782 | EQ - ?
--- In the garden since April 2019 ---
Message 9 of 14
elim
Senior Contributor

mine never glitched and i'm loving the new CK!   if they add EX in time... we are golden!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.