Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma deleted most of equifax report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma deleted most of equifax report

Today I got a notice about new credit card added to equifax and when I logged into credit karma my equifax report updated today shows all inquiries removed, my bankruptcy removed and most of my good and bad old accounts. I took screen shots of it. I'm curious if this is happening to anyone else??
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit Karma deleted most of equifax report

Never heard of something like this happening. Sounds like an update issue on their end or perhaps even the server. Is your TU report on Credit Karma fine or having similar issues?

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. My transunion updated today and was fine. I tried to get a copy of my equifax report from equifax and it said my security questions were wrong and I know I answered them right so I have to request a copy of.my credit report in writing with proof of identity.
Message 3 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
No. My transunion updated today and was fine. I tried to get a copy of my equifax report from equifax and it said my security questions were wrong and I know I answered them right so I have to request a copy of.my credit report in writing with proof of identity.

Ah, then perhaps they locked out any further updates til that security issue is resolved.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

After the Equifax breach, I lost three collection accounts overnight. It’s not unheard of for Equifax to lose valid data but obviously since it benefited me, I never said anything about it. 

Those security questions can be infuriating — I ended up getting locked out my dispute the other day because it asked me questions that have nothing to do with my credit file (I even looked on the hard copy I pulled earlier this month to make sure I didn’t miss anything). Sorry that happened to you. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it deleted all my delinquent accounts and kept three positive trade lines and deleted my bankruptcy. In a way I hope they leave it this way.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah if those creditors aren’t reporting updates to Equifax anymore, you have a good chance of them staying gone. If any of them update Equifax though, they might come back and obviously if Equifax had a data issue and they discover it, they’ll fix it. 

Message 7 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Those accounts will still be there. Eq slways seems to have glitches thus i try not to dispute much with them. I can never access my reports or dispute online even though i know i answer the questions correctly. Experian super easySmiley Wink
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd be so happy if they deleted the debts as well, not just inquiries. Smiley Happy 

Like others have previously mentioned, valid EQ data will eventually show up again, OP.

Message 9 of 12
DemonHusker
Regular Contributor

I had a similar experience. First week of January I log into Credit Karma and check my reports and every INQ from 2017 was gone from report. I had 12 Inq fall off. I waited a week for the next update and they were still gone so I then did a prequal on Discover knowing I would be denied(Chargeoff 2013) so I could get a free EQ report. Sure enough they are not listed on the actual report either so I know it just wasn't an issue with CK. One other thing is that about 3 months ago all my AU accounts fell off  my Equifax reports but still show up on TU and EX, 5 accounts in total.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.