Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma not matching up with actual credit report pulled

tag
itsxluigi
New Contributor

Credit Karma not matching up with actual credit report pulled

About 2 months ago, the bank who handles my car payment changed names, so there was a bunch of activity on my credit report of my car loan being closed and then reopened again under the new name. My TransUnion on CK seems to have handled it fine. When I go on the accounts page of TU, I see $12,910 next to Auto Loans. When I switch over to the Equifax tab, I see $26,328 next to Auto Loans. When I go down to look at my accounts, I see a $12,910 loan, AND a $13,418 loan. Both with the same name. My past 2 payments seem to have updated the balance of ONE of the loans, and the other doesn't move, but its still open.

I pulled my true Equifax report the other day to check on it. When I look at it, it only has the one loan on there. If I try to dispute an account on CK, it just says "Dispute at Equifax". Clearly the problem isn't AT Equifax because Equifax shows the right info. I wouldn't even know who to call at this point. My actual CR seems right, which means the bank is clearly reporting correctly. Do I even worry about it since its only CK showing the wrong info?

I would give it a couple months before TRULY worrying to see if it fixes itself, but I'm looking into applying for a mortgage in the very near future. If things aren't reporting correctly, this extra account adds an extra $330 payment into my DTI calculation. I just don't want it to come back and bite me.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma not matching up with actual credit report pulled

@itsxluigi wrote:

My actual CR seems right, which means the bank is clearly reporting correctly. Do I even worry about it since its only CK showing the wrong info?

I wouldn't care personally.  Lenders pull your real credit report, so anything from a CMS will never matter to them.  You've got nothing to worry about there.  If it was the other way around it would be a cause for concern, but that's not the case.

Message 2 of 4
itsxluigi
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@itsxluigi wrote:

My actual CR seems right, which means the bank is clearly reporting correctly. Do I even worry about it since its only CK showing the wrong info?

I wouldn't care personally.  Lenders pull your real credit report, so anything from a CMS will never matter to them.  You've got nothing to worry about there.  If it was the other way around it would be a cause for concern, but that's not the case.

That's kind of what I figured. I just didn't want to risk a denial over something so stupid. I don't know where they're getting this other account from, but even checking my "report" through CK doesn't show the account. It's only shown on the "Accounts" page itself. I pulled through annualcreditreport and saw nothing, and then I looked through the $1 trial on Experian's site that shows you all your reports, and nothing there either.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just quirky/glitch stuff from CK.  You get what you pay for. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.