Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma not reporting DOFD.

tag
lawless05
New Contributor

Credit Karma not reporting DOFD.

I currently have a charge off from Discover and was  looking to see when it would fall off bases on the DOFD but its not showing. Also noticed that the times late is showing 0/0/0 is there a free site that has the correct information? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma not reporting DOFD.

The only place I know where you can see the DOFD actually called out is if you order your reports directly from the credit reporting agencies. You can do that here; www.annualcreditreport.com

Message 2 of 9
lawless05
New Contributor

Thank you checking it now.

Message 3 of 9
sjt
Senior Contributor

As an FYI, Even though it may not show up on Credit Karma, it doesn't mean that TU and EQ are not reporting it. You might have to go on to their site and purchase a report to get that information. You can also go to annualcreditreport.com and get your free credit report from all three CRA if you hadn't done so in the last year. Those reports are more detailed.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 4 of 9
lawless05
New Contributor

Just finished pulling all three from the site. Don't know where to start honestly. I have cc with DOFD in 2014-15. So they should be falling off 2021-22.
All 6 are charge off. Should I just wait or pay them the time line for them to fall off is the same to pay them
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lawless05 wrote:
Just finished pulling all three from the site. Don't know where to start honestly. I have cc with DOFD in 2014-15. So they should be falling off 2021-22.
All 6 are charge off. Should I just wait or pay them the time line for them to fall off is the same to pay them

Whether you pay them or not does not change the timeline to fall off. So that's a personal decision if you want to wait 1-2 years for your score to increase. Btw Experian and TrnsUnion should have an "on record until" or "date item will be removed" instead of the DoFD.

Also remember the credit bureaus offer "early exclusion". They will remove items earlier than 7 years. 6 months early for TU, 3 months for EX, and 1 month for EQ.

I had to call TU and ask for it. For EX and EQ it just happened automatically.

Message 6 of 9
lawless05
New Contributor

So glad to be back on these boards. I did see the removed date where different from report to report didn't know why. I will keep that in mind should I need it. I'm currently saving for a home so two years more of saving vs paying 20Gs in old cc debt is best. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

For future reference, in the past when I’ve wondered about a DoFD, I’ve just called up the bureau in question and asked the CSR. They freely told me what was on record.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they’re not already updating monthly, then to pay them would also cause them to be updated which would lower your score.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.