cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma now Updates TU Daily for Free (for some users)

tag
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Credit Karma now Updates TU Daily for Free (for some users)

Subject line says it all. Here's their popup message announcing the change from weekly updates. 

B6295905-1708-444B-B582-CCA1CEFF1AE9.jpegThis is a nice change for we credit enthusiasts. I have been getting daily TU scores & reports from a CU for a while now. The VS3 score updates are of limited utility but I like being able to see when new info hits one of the bureaus, in near-real-time. 

Also, there is at least one use for the TU VS3 score. US Bank uses it to determine eligibility for their Because You've Earned It program. 

Edit: Changed thread title to indicate this change is for some users, per info reported down thread. Turns out some people have had this for months, others don't have it yet. Apparently it's a phased roll-out. 

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Karma now Updates TU Daily for Free

It's interesting that you bring this up because I've been getting daily updates for both TU and EQ on CK for at least a year now. I think I was part of some beta program, and it said it might be temporary when I first got it, but it never stopped. Maybe they're expanding to more people now? I just logged in and got the same message but this is not actually new for me.

ETA - And yes, I find it incredibly helpful to check when balances are updated. It's probably a great way for them to get people to log in more often (worked for me lol).

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curious_George2 wrote:

Subject line says it all. Here's their popup message announcing the change from weekly updates. 

B6295905-1708-444B-B582-CCA1CEFF1AE9.jpegThis is a nice change for we credit enthusiasts. I have been getting daily TU scores & reports from a CU for a while now. The VS3 score updates are of limited utility but I like being able to see when new info hits one of the bureaus, in near-real-time. 

Also, there is at least one use for the TU VS3 score. US Bank uses it to determine eligibility for their Because You've Earned It program. 

I have WalletHub. It's fine for me for now, not currently being close to applying for a mortgage or auto loan, with its level of granularity. Have you used both and have any features preferences?

Message 3 of 34
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@KLEXH25 wrote:

It's interesting that you bring this up because I've been getting daily updates for both TU and EQ on CK for at least a year now. I think I was part of some beta program, and it said it might be temporary when I first got it, but it never stopped. Maybe they're expanding to more people now? I just logged in and got the same message but this is not actually new for me.

ETA - And yes, I find it incredibly helpful to check when balances are updated. It's probably a great way for them to get people to log in more often (worked for me lol).

I think they rolled it out in waves. Mine started a few months ago and I've seen different people post about it for a long time now in different intervals. IIRC when you posted about it a long time ago (think it was you at least) it was the very first post I had read concerning it. My EQ still updates weekly, but TU has been daily for maybe 3 or so months now. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 34
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Oh. I had missed the other posts about it. Thanks for the info. If anyone reports not having it yet, I guess I should update the thread title. 

Message 5 of 34
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

I haven't used Wallet Hub. Anyone else have experience with both?

Message 6 of 34
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Curious_George2 wrote:

I used it until CK started giving me daily updates. It was nice to be able to see my updated report every single day. CK's UI is far better (IMO, of course.) Wallet Hub is definitely ok, but I found some of their constant suggestions and notifications annoying. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curious_George2 wrote:

I just joined Wallet Hub (have been using CK for years).

My initial impression -- it's a breath of air compared to CK primarily because the user interface isn't completely bogged down with ads, credit card offers and rate checks. There's also some nice gamification integrated and it looks like some nice financial education integrated in that's a bit beyond what CK includes. They state that they offer TU daily updates, as I believe @Anonymous mentioned, which would be nice as I haven't gotten the daily updates in my CK yet. It only includes TU while CK also includes EQ. Just saw your post, @Ficoproblems247, about the UIs -- CK better to find things?

I also have NerdWallet and Mint which both only report TU V3 but weekly, not daily. Right now, I'd rank Wallet Hub easily above NerdWallet and Mint in terms of usefulness. I'll report back once I can weigh in on scores, updates, etc, in comparison to CK. Perhaps someone with daily CK updates could too?

Message 8 of 34
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

I use both, but for different reasons; CreditKarma offers more information on your current credit situation, WalletHub has better/more comprehensive reviews on all manner of credit products, not just the "sponsored" products.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 9 of 34
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

This must still be in "waves" as I have been on the weekly schedule for a while.  Just looked and still am...last TU update was 3 days ago.

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.