Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma

Discover has a vastly higher score than CK does for us by at least 20 points. So I am not sure the score is all that accurate and I do not think thatbis FICO they are reporting. Not even sure Discover is right but I will go with the higher Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been stalking CK as I have exhausted all my freebies to see if they are reporting what I am asking. It said on CK that on a dispute with trans thru them the account was deleted however I had a law firm pull them up and it was there so they said however I have a report from the 22 and it is not showing. The FTC report I looked at in a recent email said the most complaints from a company reported where the three CRB. So I do not trust going thru them for updates that I need to access a lot. I did have a monitering in place for three years but after seeing all the complaints took it off. It was free since I was involved in a data breach. So I have been relying on CK on reporting as I cant afford to pull all three every other day.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are currently active in rebuilding your credit I have and would suggest using this site MYFICO for all your scores and needs. I love this site and there alerts. 

Message 13 of 15
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Discover has a vastly higher score than CK does for us by at least 20 points. So I am not sure the score is all that accurate and I do not think thatbis FICO they are reporting. Not even sure Discover is right but I will go with the higher

This is a very common topic so don't overlook other existing discussions on scores.  Also don't overlook posts in the thread that you're replying to.  It has been pointed out that CK provides Vantagescores which are not FICO's.  CK itself indicates that it provides Vantagescores.  In many cases you can find info on the scoring model provided by a site on the site itself.  If you cannot then search the threads here as they are frequently discussed and odds are that a thread will have the infortmation.

You cannot use a score genrated by one model to determine a score generated by another model.  Accuracy of CK's Vantagescores is not how well they mimic a FICO model.  Vantagescores are not designed to mimic a FICO model.  Any score is accurate but only for its own model.  Different models use different algorithms that evaluate report data differentl so you should expect different models to produce different numbers.  It is possible for two models to produce similar or even the same numbers in certain situations but that is coincidental.  Keep in mind that coincidental and causal are two entirely different things and you cannot assume a causal relationship based on coincidence.

Always consider the specific scoring model as well as the CRA when referencing any score.  Also consider the relevance of a given model/CRA combo to a given creditor/product.  Creditors/products do not all use the same model or CRA so no one score is "right".  If you want to know what score a creditor will pull for you then you need to know the model & CRA and then pull that specific score.  Any other score using a different model or CRA will not be relevant to that creditor.  For example, if a creditor/product uses a TU FICO 8 then only a TU FICO 8 will matter.  EQ and EX scores will not matter.  None of the other FICO models such as FICO 8 Bankcard, FICO NextGen, FICO 4, etc, will be relevant to that creditor product.  Discover provides a TU FICO 8.  See also the Understating FICO Scoring subforum and its stickies for more info on the various FICO models used by creditors.

@Anonymous wrote:
So I have been relying on CK on reporting as I cant afford to pull all three every other day.

There are other monitoring services that will allow frequent pulls of your reports.  You don't have to pay for a report from each CRA every other day.  Take a look at existing discussions.  Pricing can vary.  CCT is a popular option because many have been able to negotiate a reduced rate by cancelling during the trial period.  However, CCT only offers daily report pulls and FICO 8's for Experian.  IIRC it's 3/month for the other 2 CRA's.

@Anonymous wrote:

If you are currently active in rebuilding your credit I have and would suggest using this site MYFICO for all your scores and needs. I love this site and there alerts. 

One size does not fit all even for rebuilders so do not make blanket recommendations.  myFICO's monitoring is one option but it is not the only.  If one is considering myFICO then one needs to be aware of the triggers and that not all activity with a scoring impact is a trigger.  Certain removals are not triggers and that could be an important consideration for rebuilders.

Message 14 of 15
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

@Katheryne88 wrote:
Depends.. Very accurate for reports, not so much for scores

+1

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.