Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Profile Frozen

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Profile Frozen

Does that means that I won't be able to see pre-offers if I visit credit card websites?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit Profile Frozen

I believe when you freeze your credit reports they put you on a list for something like 5 years where they wont give your info out thus probably no mailers. This is my understanding but i could be wrong. I have 2 files frozen and received a paper from Ex that i could permanently opt out if i wanted. Never got that from TU but believe am on a 5 year list. Hope that helpsSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Even with my reports frozen, I was still able to see prequals from CapOne.

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

If you have an account with a creditor they can still SP with a freeze in place.

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I believe when you freeze your credit reports they put you on a list for something like 5 years where they wont give your info out thus probably no mailers.

I think you're conflating a freeze with opting out.  A freeze prevents pulls of your reports unless authorized.  The opt out site allows you to opt out for 5 years, permanently and opt in,

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.