cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Rating of 599 need a personal loan to pay CC's ....need advice QUICK!

tag
lucy876

Credit Rating of 599 need a personal loan to pay CC's ....need advice QUICK!

please help i was thinking of trying out prosper.com was turned down from Citifinancial three times.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Rating of 599 need a personal loan to pay CC's ....need advice QUICK!

I'm not a 100% on this but I remember a friend of mines tried them and as per her they wanted a minimum of 600 fico score.
Message 2 of 8
lucy876

Re: Credit Rating of 599 need a personal loan to pay CC's ....need advice QUICK!

I just tried them and they said I had a credit score of under 520 ......and it's really 599 on Equifax. So I was turned down. Wow! that is so sad I got turned down by them.
Message 3 of 8
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Where are you getting that score from EQ from? Meaning is it coming from one of the products offered here at myfico? There are scores called FAKO which is what most credit monitoring places offer, like truecredit (I use them) they give FAKO scores, which are different than the scores that lenders see - which are fico scores.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just remember, it only makes sense to get a personal loan if the interest rate on the personal loan is lower than the lowest rate of your CCs.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prosper uses a special score that they get from EQ, but you can not see it, even if you pay. Even if your FICO is higher than that score, they still use it and will deny you. You have to get that phantom score raised before you can use them, but you will not know you've done it until you try prosper again. It's totally lame.
Message 6 of 8
lucy876

well, I haven't gotten any headway......I guess i will try to get my score up and try to pay my bills slowly.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hang in there!! And keep coming back here to let us know how you're doin'!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.