Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Report Help

I had several accounts go to collections. I have paid them off and the collections agency removed them; however, the OC is still reporting late payments. It there any way to get these removed?

Also I have a charge off with First Priemer. If I pay them will the removed the lates or the whole account completely?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Report Help

I'd suggest going to the rebuilding forum section and read about goodwill requests.  These are typically letters that are sent to the creditor apologizing, asking for forgiveness and removal of negative items.

Message 2 of 4
Sloedough
Regular Contributor

Collection agencies are sharks. They don't like to help anyone, they just want to collect.

Dispute them, but only if they are paid. Collection agencies tend to not report anything good. I had to dispute all collections, just to get them to move. If they ignore the dispute, they will be deleted from your report.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Creditors report information that occured under their account.

Debt collectors report continued actions to collect on a delinquent debt that originated with an original creditor.

Once a debt collector has collection authority, they can report their collection.  Their reporting is totally separate from that of the original creditor.  Any deletion by a debt collector does not impose any requirment for the original creditor to delete their reporting of derogs that occured under their (the OC's) account.   

The procedure for obtaining removal of derogs reported by an OC is to send them a good-will request.

The OC is under no obligation to delete, and CRA policy instructs them that payment of the debt is not proper basis for deletion of previously reported account information.

You can request either deletion of only the delinquencies, or deletion of the entire account.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.