Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Reporting Time Periods

tag
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Reporting Time Periods

jdcg21 wrote:
what im wondering is that if you pay off an account that has been to collections is it better on your credit score or is it the same. There are two accounts that have several 120day late hits.
Another question is there a way for the collection people to take off all the late dings?

You want it removed as that will give you the most points. Generally, paying the debt does little for your scores. Try a goodwill letter for late payments.
Message 21 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check you private message!!!
Schnuller
Message 22 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can u please give me a sample goodwill letter? I have a late pmt from 2 yrs ago, not my fault though. It was a change of address, never got my stmt, ........It is paid, but can I have it removed now.
Message 23 of 93
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

riteficos wrote:
Can u please give me a sample goodwill letter? I have a late pmt from 2 yrs ago, not my fault though. It was a change of address, never got my stmt, ........It is paid, but can I have it removed now.

Message 24 of 93
fused
Moderator Emeritus

So does this mean paid mortgages, auto, student and installment loans that are pif and closed fall off ten years later?  This seems like some perverted punishment.  Everyone's score will eventually start dropping.  But thank you for info, anyhow
Message 25 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiries last for 2 years. Do they effect your score after 1 year?
Message 26 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi:

I filed BK-13 back in 1998 and I dispute it with the cb since it was still in my cr.  Well guess what!!!
I just received a letter from the cb saying that bk-13 stay for 10 years.  So I need to wait until 2/08
Good Luck!
Princess  sad woman
Message 27 of 93
fused
Moderator Emeritus

ilovepizza wrote:
Inquiries last for 2 years. Do they effect your score after 1 year?

inquiries stay on reports pulled directly from the CRA's and most FAKO's for two years.  With FICO they only stay on your reports for one year and may or may not effect your scores for up to a year.
Message 28 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Smiley Happy
Message 29 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help. Disputing inquiries. What does/doesn't work when disputing inquiries.

I found the thread for inquiry dispute letters. Thanks.

Tried today, time will tell.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 05-22-2007 03:15 PM
Message 30 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.