cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Sesame downgrading nightmare - did this happen to anyone else?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Sesame downgrading nightmare - did this happen to anyone else?

Some time ago I figured I'd try Credit Sesame's premium options. I signed up. Then I found myFICO and saw how much better it was. So a few days ago I went to CS website to downgrade my service back to the free account. Couldn't find such option. The website told me THE ONLY way to do it is to call 855.799.9111 so I did. 

Guess what, this is the message they play: "Thank You for calling Credit Sesame. The best place to get your free credit score. Please listen carefully for the following options: .... " AND THEN NO MATTER WHICH SELECTIONS YOU GO WITH: "Thank You for calling Credit Sesame. All our agents are currently assisting other customers. For faster service please visit our website."

...and they hang up. NOT COOL. 

Did this happen to anyone else and what was the resolution please?!? I can kill the virtual card number they use to bill me. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Sesame downgrading nightmare - did this happen to anyone else?

Instead of downgrading, can you just cancel altogether? If not, I would just kill the virtual card like you said. 

Message 2 of 4
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@KLEXH25 wrote:

Instead of downgrading, can you just cancel altogether? If not, I would just kill the virtual card like you said. 

Yep, don't stress over this. Kill the virtual card. If they don't have time for you, don't have time for them. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

CS is basically a marketing service shielded behind providing credit (Vantage) scores.  The scores are useless.  Everyone knows this.  Why would their downgrading be a nightmare for you?  It's not a meaningful service, with no value to credit building. Get stressed over something productive, useful. Move on from them.  omg

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.