Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Systems International - Received call

tag
Want2BDebtFreeNow
New Contributor

Credit Systems International - Received call

I received a call this morning from Credit Systems International asking me to please call back, The recording had my name.  When I called back and asked what type of call this was the lady stated the she would need my phone number prior to telling me what they do. Of  course I refused to give it to her because I didnt want to validate the information that they have.

I decided to google their name and came up with the above mentioned CA. I don't owe anything (that I am aware of) and I always pay my bills on time. A long time ago (about six years ago) I did have a small utility bill placed on my credit report that I disputed because when I moved out they never informed me of it and it was taken off my report immediately. I  am scared however that if I don't call and speak to someone they will put something on my credit report and then it will be a lot harder to get it off. Any advice on what I should do? Should I talk to them and see if its a misunderstanding or should I just ignore it? So far it has only been one call.

Message Edited by Want2BDebtFreeNow on 07-24-2009 07:37 AM
As of 11/14/2012 EQ: 672

5 inqs in the last year - October 25, 2012, July 05, 2012, July 03, 2012, June 18, 2012, February 16, 2012

(Report reads them as 3) Your applications for credit in the past year
3 inquiries

Last account opened June 2012

Average age of your accounts
6 years

Number of your accounts with a missed payment
0 accounts

Ratio of your revolving balances to your credit limits
82% (Ouch)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Want2BDebtFreeNow
New Contributor

Re: Credit Systems International - Received call

Well after researching this for a little bit I came up with my answer. They are infact a collection agency for the that small utility bill that I had years ago, I guess they know that their time is running out so they are going to see if they can collect on it. I am just going to let it be for the time being.

5 inqs in the last year - October 25, 2012, July 05, 2012, July 03, 2012, June 18, 2012, February 16, 2012

3 inquiries

6 years

0 accounts

82% (Ouch)
Message 2 of 8
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Not a good idea.

How much do you think its for?

Possible DOFD? 

Out os SOL? or Can you PIF?

Message 3 of 8
Want2BDebtFreeNow
New Contributor

@nothingman02 wrote:

Not a good idea.

How much do you think its for?

Possible DOFD? 

Out os SOL? or Can you PIF?

I believe it was around Nov 2003, I think it was for less than $200.00.  Based on what I've learned here there is no way I would pay this at this point and reset the date.

3 inquiries

6 years

0 accounts

82% (Ouch)
Message 4 of 8
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

If they place it on your credit report it will stay on there for at least another year.  Paying it won't reset the CRTP.  CRTP is based on DOFD, which you stated is 11/03.  Why don't you try a "pay to not report"  Make sure if they agree that you get it in writing!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 8
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

@Want2BDebtFreeNow wrote:

I received a call this morning from Credit Systems International asking me to please call back, The recording had my name.  When I called back and asked what type of call this was the lady stated the she would need my phone number prior to telling me what they do. Of  course I refused to give it to her because I didnt want to validate the information that they have.

Hi there,

Where are you located? Credit Systems International is based out of Dallas. A couple years ago TXU energy sent a small balance that I owed to them. But lucky for me, I immediately paid the thing off directly to TXU and they did not report. And keep in mind, CSI did not do the reporting, it was TXU. Perhaps try calling the utility company to see what the charges are for? 

AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 6 of 8
Want2BDebtFreeNow
New Contributor

@Chopbrocoli wrote:

@Want2BDebtFreeNow wrote:

Hi there,

Where are you located? Credit Systems International is based out of Dallas. A couple years ago TXU energy sent a small balance that I owed to them. But lucky for me, I immediately paid the thing off directly to TXU and they did not report. And keep in mind, CSI did not do the reporting, it was TXU. Perhaps try calling the utility company to see what the charges are for? 

It's Green Mountain Energy. (I wouldnt recommend them) They were on my report back in 2005. I disputed it and it was taken off. Now out of the blue I get this call this morning. Unless I get anything in writting or any more calls I am just going to ride it out and see what happens. 

3 inquiries

6 years

0 accounts

82% (Ouch)
Message 7 of 8
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

You probably  will never receive a notice from CSI because they only have your old address. And from my experience, CSI dialers will call your phone everyday.. sometimes at most, 2 times a day. Just because you disputed with the CRA's, does not mean the debt does not exisit. The reason why it probably got deleted is because Green Mountain Energy did not respond to the CRA's inquiry. If I were you, I would send CSI a DV letter.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.