cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Unions that are sp for membership?

tag
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

Credit Unions that are sp for membership?

Which credit unions do a sp for membership only?

I signed up for Alliant after I read it was a sp for membership (which it was). During my application it said "Congratulations you are eligible to open a checking account" I clicked 'no' because I was afraid they may do a hp if I agreed to sign up for a checking account? Does anyone know if my sp would have turned into a hp had I clicked 'yes' for the checking account?

EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Unions that are sp for membership?

I think SDFCU does a soft pull for membership.

However, you may not get very far without a hard pull, and often a hard pull qualifies you for other stuff like checking, credit cards, and so on.  It's also true that a CU may run other reports like Chexsystems.

For some people, it might make sense to find the CUs they really want, and then take the hit.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.