Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Unions

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Credit Unions

I finished my apporama with the credit unions. Penfed Gold 5K. I knew I should have asked for more when I got my approvals from Navy Federal. MC for 20K and a Visa for 20K. Their numbers I had no choice. Utilization is no longer a problem. LOL.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Unions

Awesome!

I love credit unions.. I still primarily use Wells Fargo for day to day banking.. but a few of my installment locals are held by a CU. Customer service is 2nd to none.
Message 2 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I have a credit card, a home improvement loan, a savings account and a checking account with my local CU.  And they are not my main bank!

But you get to talk to real live people and discuss options, and I am of a generation that remembers before computers, so I like it  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tuscani wrote:
Awesome!
I love credit unions.. I still primarily use Wells Fargo for day to day banking.. but a few of my installment locals are held by a CU. Customer service is 2nd to none.

I don't have anything nice to say about WF. So I guess I won't.

Bank of AZ was great, bought by Norwest still good, bought by WF - all downhill from there...
Message 4 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Tuscani wrote:

I still primarily use Wells Fargo for day to day banking..

They have one third of my retirement savings, but there is nothing I can do about until I change jobs or retire!

Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tuscani wrote:
Awesome!

I don't have anything nice to say about WF. So I guess I won't.

Bank of AZ was great, bought by Norwest still good, bought by WF - all downhill from there...

No worries.. I don't either. I need to switch over.. it just sucks because we have had this checking since 1996.. Switching over payroll, auto payments, ect. is a real pain. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

It is setting up on line banking again that scares me.  The fear of missing a payment.....
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.