Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card Authorize user

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card Authorize user

Hello, so I'm trying to help my brother build his credit he is just starting he has limited credit history with only 5 months he recently got his secured card unsecured ,well my question is if i add him on my credit card and after it reports on his Credit profile all my goodies and decide to take him off after a couple months,
Will everything disappear regarding my credit history from his profile or will it remain and stay as closed??
2 REPLIES 2
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Credit card Authorize user

It ought to remain on his cr (probaby, someone here knows best)....but not as closed unless you closed your acct.  If during a MR someones notices the account is not closed but only the AU was removed from the acct. it could (could) look as though the AU may not have been responsible enough and thus indicating the need to remove the AU. But, all it might really do is provide a necessity for someone going over his cr to ask "why were you removed?".   Ppl ask to be removed as an AU when the acct. holder runs up utl% and would rather get out from under it but also, the total opposite happens.  So it might not be worth the temp. score bump to add him, then take him off again.  (I am an AU on a closed acct, that actually is reporting as "open" and in "good standing"...so IDK for sure.)  Somebody here should know how it should report but don't count on it always.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 3
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit card Authorize user

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello, so I'm trying to help my brother build his credit he is just starting he has limited credit history with only 5 months he recently got his secured card unsecured ,well my question is if i add him on my credit card and after it reports on his Credit profile all my goodies and decide to take him off after a couple months,
Will everything disappear regarding my credit history from his profile or will it remain and stay as closed??

That depends on the issuer. Some leave them as closed accounts, while others completely remove the account

It would be easier to answer your question if you let us know which card(s) you're talking about

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.