Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card payment go through?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card payment go through?

Ok so on November 18, 2020, I made a credit card payment of $360 to wells fargo and till this very day Jan 4, 2021, my bank is not showing that the payment was pulled from my checking account but on the weeks Fargo site it shows that it posted...... HELP!! I'm confused... Did it go through or not? I certainly am afraid to bring it to either bank attention. But worried that if it did not go through on my personal bank side that they will pull out the $360 again that I attempted to pay back in November...

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card payment go through?

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok so on November 18, 2020, I made a credit card payment of $360 to wells fargo and till this very day Jan 4, 2021, my bank is not showing that the payment was pulled from my checking account but on the weeks Fargo site it shows that it posted...... HELP!! I'm confused... Did it go through or not? I certainly am afraid to bring it to either bank attention. But worried that if it did not go through on my personal bank side that they will pull out the $360 again that I attempted to pay back in November...

Well, that is strange. I think you have to let both banks know. Why are you afraid to bring it to their attention? It's not found money and as you say, you don't want Wells Fargo trying to pull it twice. I think it's also always better to go on record as having tried to problem solve in case of problems later. My two pennies. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hopefully you didn't accidentally mistype any of the bank info. Was it an account you used before successfully and it the bank info is saved?

Message 3 of 8
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Probably best to straighten it out with all parties involved to negate it coming back to bite you in the future when least expected.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous The $360 was my first time out of my bank but I have made 4 other payments since then using same method and they came out of checking acct successfully. So I must have entered the correct bank info..... 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Wells Fargo show they posted on November 18 ( if it were a mistake that they didn't get their money, wouldn't they backtrack the posting?)

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous  Wells Fargo show they posted on November 18 ( if it were a mistake that they didn't get their money, wouldn't they backtrack the posting?)

I certainly don't understand the innerworkings of Wells Fargo or why this happened, but alas it has happened. It may take them awhile to figure it out, but I think they will figure out the payment didn't actually post eventually. If it were me, I'd want to avoid the headached six months down the road. If you call and they put you off or tell you you're wrong, well, hey you tried. But I'd think they'd do an investigation and maybe discover they have something wrong in their system. I'd rather be in control of when they come to understand the error than surprised with a sudden overdraft. Again, just my two pennies. You do what you think is best. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  yeah I will be better off investigating the deal... Thanks for everyone's feedback. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.