Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card stolenyears ago still negative on Experian & Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card stolenyears ago still negative on Experian & Equifax

I have a 7 year old account from a credit card that was forgotten about and eventually stolen. Long story short I was 21 and to busy doing pointless things like partying to care about the credit card and just wrote it off. My parents eventually ended up handling the account and getting it reported as stolen. Now that I have seen the light that is my credit scores it has come back to bite me. Transunion has it on file as lost or stolen but Experian and Equifax do not. It is still listed as late payments and charged off. My question is should I dispute it or just let it ride? It should be coming off in Feb of 2015 because the 1st reported delinquency was Feb of 2008. The grand plan is to purchase a home but that won't be until at least Summer of 2015. I just don't know if the time this is off my credit report will change my score at all? If it doesnt matter I will just let it come off by itself. Thanks for any help

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit card stolenyears ago still negative on Experian & Equifax

I'd suggest seeing what you can do about it..  Its effect has probably tapered off a bit but you'd probably be better without it on your reports as a derog.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.