Did you mean: 

Credit cards closed due to inactivity

tag
minski
Established Contributor

Re: Credit cards closed due to inactivity

Update:

@minski wrote:

My Barclay Ring Mastercard just sent a letter reminding me to use it in the next 60 days or to face closure. I am not sure when the last transaction was but it was before 5/2/18.

60 days later, Barclay did indeed close my Barclay Ring Mastercard. Got the letter sent from 9/5. So, it lasted in the sock-drawer almost 1.5 years before closing. I almost regret it but I don't use it so....

Message 31 of 34
minski
Established Contributor

Update as promised. All of above listed credit lines are still open without activity except Barclay. Discover remains open even after messaging them twice to close it....

EDIT ON 7/17: Looks as if US Bank finalky closed my first Cash Plus card with the $3000 limit. I just checked my app and it is not there. CK has not updated it to reflect closed so it must have been fairly recent in the past few days. No warning given. Laat transaction was aover 2 years ago. I am still using my 2nd Cash Plus with the higher limit. I think they finally closed it after AR due to COVID. 

Message 32 of 34
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Very interesting topic.

Question, If the card has a AF on it would that constitute usage?

Message 33 of 34
minski
Established Contributor

I don't know. I was wondering the same. I hope so because I keep the Delta Platinum for the companion voucher and free checked bag.
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.