Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit cards that proved fico score

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit cards that proved fico score

@ncochran1989 wrote:
I have no plans to use the slate, but never know what the future holds. I have the freedom and would love the FU. It would work for me very well. Just waiting a couple months since I just got the freedom in Jan. I called chase today and the guy said they are looking into adding scores for other cards, but no timeline on it.

Yeah I think they tried to do the FICO Score just on the Slate as a marketing tool for it, it's not a very popular / utilized card w/o a BT requirement.

It's possible they don't pull as many scores for a CSP holder for example, which would make it more expensive for them to offer scores there, hard to say.  Actually that could well be it since presumably they're offering the EX FICO under FICO Open Access: I looked back at my bureau Experian report from earlier this month and Chase isn't doing a monthly review or anywhere close to that... actually I didn't see a pattern at second glance and they may not be pulling a score with those AR's either.

        
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting. I've been using the myfico for all my scores. Have been working to get my scores as high as possible so I can get a good first time home buyer loan. At this point, it's all about maintaining low utilization and aging my report. I have a shorter credit history. So this has been useful, but at some point it will be just as good to use what I get through the credit cards. Experian was the only one I don't get free, but not worth apping for amex or slate to get it. My car loan only reports to tu and eq so my experian score is lower than the others and is the only one I can't find for free.
Message 12 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@ncochran1989 wrote:
Interesting. I've been using the myfico for all my scores. Have been working to get my scores as high as possible so I can get a good first time home buyer loan. At this point, it's all about maintaining low utilization and aging my report. I have a shorter credit history. So this has been useful, but at some point it will be just as good to use what I get through the credit cards. Experian was the only one I don't get free, but not worth apping for amex or slate to get it. My car loan only reports to tu and eq so my experian score is lower than the others and is the only one I can't find for free.

When you're trying to qualify for a mortgage none of the FICO 8's is worth a damn anyway.  

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/FICO-scores-used-for-mortgage-and-where-to-obtain-the...

Use occasional 1B/3B reports here really in prep for a mortgage if you need to see where you stand at some point.

        
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. The fico thingy I sub to has those listed, they just don't update again until June 7 or something like that. I just figure if the 8s are moving, I should be trending up on the others some. Although, 2 of my mortgage ones were actually a lot higher than my 8s when I signed up in march.
Message 14 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@ncochran1989 wrote:
Thanks for the info. The fico thingy I sub to has those listed, they just don't update again until June 7 or something like that. I just figure if the 8s are moving, I should be trending up on the others some. Although, 2 of my mortgage ones were actually a lot higher than my 8s when I signed up in march.

Generally that's fair to state though some things are weighed differently.  If I had to guess the two higher mortgage ones were EQ/TU and you have non-trivial installment loans out currently?

        
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, eq was my lowest and by nearly 40 pts. My mortage ex was about 50 pts higher than my ex fico 8. At the time, I had a defaulted student loan that reported to all 3, a small and current student loan with no missed payments, and a car loan. Car only reports to eq and tu. The defaulted loan has been wiped from all 3 now, but won't see the difference in score on the other fico models until june.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.