Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit check total

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit check total

What's up with CCT was trying to cancel the trial and was on hold for over hour and half till I gave up
Anyone experienced it ?
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit check total

I've never experienced exactly what you have described, but I and others have had some issues cancelling over the phone.  What I recommend for everyone is that you email help at creditchecktotal dot com and cancel that way.  Just let them know you've tried cancelling over the phone without success and that your email is you officially cancelling your trial membership.  Just provide them in the email with the same information you provide when cancelling over the phone... your name, last 4 of social, zip code and DOB.  I usually get an email back within 24 hours confirming my cancellation.

Message 2 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the mess with the EQ data breach. I was on hold for an hour to cancel CCT last week.

Message 3 of 42
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yep I had it happen last week and sent 3 emails informing them that I couldn't get through to cancel and to please send me a confirmation that it had been cancelled. Didn't get a response. So, in my 3rd email, I stated that if it wasn't canceled, I would dispute any charges to my CC. Of course, my CC had a pending charge, but the same day, I got an email from them notifying me that the charge would be reversed and it was done so in 2 days.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's the mess with the EQ data breach. I was on hold for an hour to cancel CCT last week.

I wonder why the EQ data breach is causing Credit Check Total (owned by Experian) huge delays in cancelling their CCT service?  Do we think that Experian employees are just working crazy to address all the data freezes being requested, and thus that creates delays with the CCT group?  I can believe it, just curious what you all think.

It sounds like using emails is the way to go, and also probably starting the cancellation process at least a few days early, given all the recent craziness.

Message 5 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO, it's a best practice to cancel your $1 trial membership the same day or at the very most the day after you sign up.  This gives you a 6-7 day window for them to process your cancellation.  The sooner you cancel, the better you chances of not having to worry about a surprise charge on your CC. 

Message 6 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder why the EQ data breach is causing Credit Check Total (owned by Experian) huge delays in cancelling their CCT service?  Do we think that Experian employees are just working crazy to address all the data freezes being requested, and thus that creates delays with the CCT group?  I can believe it, just curious what you all think.

It sounds like using emails is the way to go, and also probably starting the cancellation process at least a few days early, given all the recent craziness.

I wondered the same thing.

My other theory is that maybe they had an office affected by the hurricane.

Message 7 of 42
601flyguy
Established Contributor

I've been experiencing the same for months... I pay with a prepaid so no worries
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 8 of 42
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

I clicked the trial offer a few minutes ago and tried to sign back up(account originally created on 09/09). I am pretty sure I've paid the $1 twice now, but I still can't see new scores/reports.

Is broken?

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 9 of 42
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

The call centers are flooded because of the EQ breach, a lot of people wanting to freeze their file.

I was able to get a rep within a few minutes by calling at 8.31am eastern, that's the time the line opens on weekdays (even though the tape says 9)

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.