Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit.com starting new monitoring product

tag
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit.com starting new monitoring product

Okay, I'm officially done.  I signed up 9/1.  TU wasn't available, came later.  10/1 it came even later.  11/1 TU didn't show up at all and I logged a case.  Took a while to get back to me and after a few back and forths I received another response (without explanation) that it should be available now.  That was 11/9.  

Because of the case I logged on 11/5 I suppose it took all of November because today I received a notice that they can no longer investigate the TU delays because I've been downgraded to the free V3  basic enrollment.  I then check my account and found I was not charge for Dec as they always charged on the 1st but I did not cancel my subscription.

For me, the lack of reason codes to help me figure out the changes I was not a fan but I was on a mission to learn and provide whatever feedback I could to the community.  Although they  responed when I told them I didn't cancel  and don't understand and maybe they don't want me to subscribe as it's never been smooth since day 1. They responded they will investigate as to why my subscription was cancelled, I removed my CC info and I'm done.  Don't really need it and not worth the hassle for a paid subscription.  Although cheaper than myFICO it did not provide as much information to help in the manner I was looking for although it may be enough for others.

Hope others are not having this problem.  I never received the beta offer so I've been paying the full cost since I signed up 9/1.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 131 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Trudy Thank you for sharing your experience!

Message 132 of 158
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@Trudy wrote:

Hope others are not having this problem.  I never received the beta offer so I've been paying the full cost since I signed up 9/1.

It seems that every month I have to contact them because one of my scores doesn't update on schedule. Between that and what is lacking from the product vs. myfico, I wouldn't recommend Extra Credit at full price, but I'll keep it as long as the intro rate holds.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 133 of 158
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Thanks @FlaDude and @Trudy for taking one for the team and posting details here. This has been an instructive thread about a product that is appealing in concept but, for now, seems not quite ready for prime time. 

Message 134 of 158
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Trudy wrote:

Okay, I'm officially done.  I signed up 9/1.  TU wasn't available, came later.  10/1 it came even later.  11/1 TU didn't show up at all and I logged a case.  Took a while to get back to me and after a few back and forths I received another response (without explanation) that it should be available now.  That was 11/9.  

Because of the case I logged on 11/5 I suppose it took all of November because today I received a notice that they can no longer investigate the TU delays because I've been downgraded to the free V3  basic enrollment.  I then check my account and found I was not charge for Dec as they always charged on the 1st but I did not cancel my subscription.

For me, the lack of reason codes to help me figure out the changes I was not a fan but I was on a mission to learn and provide whatever feedback I could to the community.  Although they  responed when I told them I didn't cancel  and don't understand and maybe they don't want me to subscribe as it's never been smooth since day 1. They responded they will investigate as to why my subscription was cancelled, I removed my CC info and I'm done.  Don't really need it and not worth the hassle for a paid subscription.  Although cheaper than myFICO it did not provide as much information to help in the manner I was looking for although it may be enough for others.

If I was paying the regular rate and these things happened I would have jumped ship too. 25 dollars is a hefty amount when other services offer a lot more for the price even though all of them at times have slight glitches.

I have had a couple of things that needed looking into but my experience was pretty pleasant. Customer service was quick to respond both times within a couple of hours and problems were corrected quickly also (manual update from them when update was late and each time payment was refunded for the month.)

I got in at the beginning for the intro price so I'm all good for now with the service.  Hopefully by the time the 25 dollar fee comes along more enhancements will have been added to justify the price.

Message 135 of 158
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Seems i got booted from credit.coms 5$ pricing....

Would have liked a heads up in an email about it....

Interesting it was charged to AmEX and then "cancelled" according to AmEX.....

Not sure where I should go next... I like having all three CRAs and most variants of the score, but not the going rate for such...

-J

Message 136 of 158
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

Seems i got booted from credit.coms 5$ pricing....

Would have liked a heads up in an email about it....

Interesting it was charged to AmEX and then "cancelled" according to AmEX.....

Not sure where I should go next... I like having all three CRAs and most variants of the score, but not the going rate for such...

-J

@joltdude When you say you got booted was it totally out the blue. What transpired before the surprise revelation occured?

I would hate to think they just randomly do this to people although in most companies loan issuers,cc issuers, etc. often say they can end the relationship for any reasons they want in the tos.

Message 137 of 158
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I haven't had any issues, once they got my billing straight. For their "Extra Credit" service, all the scores update every two weeks like clock work. No problems pulling data from any of the CRAs. I have noticed they've listed one of the 90 day latest as 60 days on EQ only, and they've already dropped an inquiry on all three due drop off in January, so EQ is showing as inquiry free. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 138 of 158
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

I haven't had any issues, once they got my billing straight. For their "Extra Credit" service, all the scores update every two weeks like clock work. No problems pulling data from any of the CRAs. I have noticed they've listed one of the 90 day latest as 60 days on EQ only, and they've already dropped an inquiry on all three due drop off in January, so EQ is showing as inquiry free. 

@AdkinsAre you sure you're seeing updates as stated (For their "Extra Credit" service, all the scores update every two weeks like clock work)

Far as I know and have experienced the product updates once every 30 days.

Message 139 of 158
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@AdkinsAre you sure you're seeing updates as stated (For their "Extra Credit" service, all the scores update every two weeks like clock work)

Far as I know and have experienced the product updates once every 30 days.

It's been every two weeks for me, see my latest email notifications. The app tells me my next update is in four days, if I remember right. 

Every two weeks!!Every two weeks!!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 140 of 158
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.