Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit improves as Installments fall

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit improves as Installments fall

I wish I had your luck. CC companies don't seem to be a problem if you dispute something, but student loans (with ACS and AES, not Sallie Mae) seem to be the most hard-ass companies. And ironic too because my records with them are the best records on my entire credit history.

Me: "Can you remove a late payment that is 5 years old?"

Student loan: "STFU, NOOB"
Message 11 of 25
future
Frequent Contributor

i think u may have a better chance if its paid off
Message 12 of 25
future
Frequent Contributor

no they dont hav a negative affect
Message 13 of 25
fused
Moderator Emeritus

rifleman wrote:
I wish I had your luck. CC companies don't seem to be a problem if you dispute something, but student loans (with ACS and AES, not Sallie Mae) seem to be the most hard-ass companies. And ironic too because my records with them are the best records on my entire credit history.

Me: "Can you remove a late payment that is 5 years old?"

Student loan: "STFU, NOOB"

Your right on about this.  Friends of mine have gone through hell like many here.  Never heard of GW working on an SL, your just stuck.
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

that's a good point about having a chance if the loan is paid off--I did pay one off last month and I'm thinking I might try GW with that one
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote a gw letter directly to the CEO, and a VP of something called me and stated they are working on my case so well see how it turns out,,,,im guessing a no
Message 16 of 25
Vu
Frequent Contributor

I've tried GW letter with Nelnet and Direct Loan Servicing and get decline letter from both.  Said cannot remove or change accurate information.

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's strange. Why would student loans give people such a hard time? You'd think credit cards would.

Ever try to call them an ask them to lower your interest rate?
Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

SL are the absolute worst!!! everytime I look at my CR i wanna pull my hair out because your right your stuck with SL's.  That is the one thing that is killing my score and there nothing I can do about it.  Still havent got a call back from that person from Sallie Mae, maybe ill be the first in history to check my CR and *POOF* theyll be gone!!!! hahaha in my dreams!!!
Message 19 of 25
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

You are stuck with them if they are valid. The Higher Education Act requires that all student loans report for the full seven years.
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.