Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit inquiry damage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit inquiry damage

I'm considering purchasing a Coop/townhouse (cooperative living).
The cost is relatively cheap, in comparison to buying a condo or a house. I would be purchasing this coop out right, no loan needed. But first, they'll need to do a credit check (amonst other things) on me to see if I qualify to live there.
My question is... any ideal of if/how much my scores will drop due to that credit inquiry?

MyFico score 3B Report shows 0 inquiries.
Credit Wise shows 2 inquiries.
My 3 C.C. acounts were opened on:
Cap1 QS (May 2017)
Disc (July 2017)
Cap1 Ven (Nov 2017)

If it should fall through... in the near future (summer) i would need to have my credit pulled again for purchasing a house, and for a second car for my wife.
Thanks in advance 🙂
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Re: Credit inquiry damage

At most a couple of points.  With your scores, I wouldn't be concerned about it in the least.  People worry about HPs way too much.  Unless you have borderline scorese along with several HPs among the credit bureaus already it's really moot point.  

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Robert, I made a change to the credit inquiry part. I should posibly have 2-3 old inquiries still
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you will be fine.  Most seem to cost zero to 2 points max

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, i can deal with that if so
Message 5 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Honestly, if I wanted to buy a coop, which is an investment, the last thing I would care about is how many points my scores would drop. I say, relax and enjoy the things that you can buy to make your life happy and comfortable. IMHO, worrying about points vs comforts is meh.

Just do it!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do find it rather odd that you still need a CR pulled to prove you can live there, even though you're paying in full with cash. < that doesn't give you any credibility? 

Just another DP that Credit is needed for almost everything these days. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.