Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit karma what is going on

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit karma what is going on

My credit karma VantageScore 3.0 put me on fair credit only because I lower my utilization 6% to 4% thats is the only change my fico score 8 on TU is 772 but in Ck is 643 and my fico score 8 on EQ is 768 but in CK is 637 I have experian premium subscription to now my fico scores but why is CK so mess up
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit karma what is going on

Credit Karma is using the Vantage 3.0 scoring model which is essentially useless for people. Use CK to monitor your reports such as balances, utilization, new accounts reporting, hard pulls, etc but don't use their scores. The FICO scores you pulled are accurate and the ones you should care about.

Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

In other words CK is crap 😂😂
Message 3 of 30
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
In other words CK is crap 😂😂

Well, it's great as a free credit monitoring service but for scoring purposes it shouldn't even be acknowledged

Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get the apprehension about VS3 and its materially different algos from Fico but it is a real scoring system and should be followed along with the others. While everyone is unfamiliar with what makes it tick, if you track it alongside with the changes in your profile over time it will start to make sense. Yes it counts events differently than fico but that is why it exists. Many times changes will occur in your profile but fico wont budge. Meanwhile VS3 is moving like crazy. I feel its way more sensitive than fico to smaller changes or events in your credit activity. Good or bad, its only reacting to data input which is its main purpose. Over time as people start to get a feel for what makes it tick people will warm up to it. In the meantime, i feel everyone should keep an eye on it as its a real thing and is being adopted more and more by lenders. Maybe it wont unseat fico as the top dog in the very near future but it will still be seen as a tool in credit evaluation. Better to try to understand it than ignore it and wish you didnt.

BTW... not affiliated in any way. 😂
Message 5 of 30
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I get the apprehension about VS3 and its materially different algos from Fico but it is a real scoring system and should be followed along with the others. While everyone is unfamiliar with what makes it tick, if you track it alongside with the changes in your profile over time it will start to make sense. Yes it counts events differently than fico but that is why it exists. Many times changes will occur in your profile but fico wont budge. Meanwhile VS3 is moving like crazy. I feel its way more sensitive than fico to smaller changes or events in your credit activity. Good or bad, its only reacting to data input which is its main purpose. Over time as people start to get a feel for what makes it tick people will warm up to it. In the meantime, i feel everyone should keep an eye on it as its a real thing and is being adopted more and more by lenders. Maybe it wont unseat fico as the top dog in the very near future but it will still be seen as a tool in credit evaluation. Better to try to understand it than ignore it and wish you didnt.

BTW... not affiliated in any way. 😂

IMHO, I don't believe it has anything to do with whether people will get a feel for it or not. My stance is: If lenders are not using it to determine my credit worthiness for a credit product, then it is useless to me. Now, if/when that changes, that's a horse of a different color. Then, I'll take a second glance. Just my 2cents.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 30
jmos
Regular Contributor

Hi. I've actually had an experience with BCU using vantage score as part of their evaluation for a credit card consideration recently.

Message 7 of 30
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@jmos wrote:

Hi. I've actually had an experience with BCU using vantage score as part of their evaluation for a credit card consideration recently.

Which one?

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 8 of 30
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I really wish they just did monitoring and no scores, these correlations 🤮🤮🤮🤮
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK is wonky. Don’t trust those scores. It seems Synchrony is going to Vantage as well. Useless for scores.
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.