cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit limit increased from 1700 to 5200 has been longer than 30 days but no credit limit updates on

jarablue
Established Member

Credit limit increased from 1700 to 5200 has been longer than 30 days but no credit limit updates on

Good evening everyone, I just had a quick question. I had my total credit limit line increased from getting multiple new credit cards from 1700$ to 5200$ but Credit Sesame and Credit Karma are still reporting the old 1700 credit limit. Do you know when the three reporting agencies update this? I read a little bit about it and it said it might take 30 to 45 days. Hopefully when it does update I'll get a nice bunk to my credit scores. Anyone know the exact timing? I guess since the increase was spread across multiple cards, it'll take each card issuer time to update the reporting agencies right?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6

Re: Credit limit increased from 1700 to 5200 has been longer than 30 days but no credit limit update

CLIs are reported when the creditor reports the next months activity.

Message 2 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit limit increased from 1700 to 5200 has been longer than 30 days but no credit limit update

@jarablue wrote:

Good evening everyone, I just had a quick question. I had my total credit limit line increased from getting multiple new credit cards from 1700$ to 5200$ but Credit Sesame and Credit Karma are still reporting the old 1700 credit limit. Do you know when the three reporting agencies update this? I read a little bit about it and it said it might take 30 to 45 days. Hopefully when it does update I'll get a nice bunk to my credit scores. Anyone know the exact timing? I guess since the increase was spread across multiple cards, it'll take each card issuer time to update the reporting agencies right?

If the increase in aggregate revolving limits causes your aggregate revolving utilization percentage to decrease, then yes you should receive some FICO score gains.   It just depends on when the new limits get reported.  You're not going to find out about the effect on your FICO scores if you're only looking at Credit Sesame and Credit Karma, which only report on Vantage scores.

Total revolving limits 699000 (597000 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 732 TU 721 EX 698

Message 3 of 4
GatorGuy
Established Contributor

It isn't clear from your post but if you opened multiple new credit cards, it is likely your score will drop due to the new inquiries, the new accounts and your average age of accounts dropping.

As for timing, it depends on when your lenders report your new cards or new limits which can be 30 to 45 days.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.