cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit limit or largest balance-"not reported" why?????

tag
johnpalley
Established Contributor

Credit limit or largest balance-"not reported" why?????

i just had a new credit card added to my equifax credit report. i got a scorewatch alert and under the Credit limit or largest balance line it says "not reported". why doesnt it say the credit limit? i need it to say my new high limit to help my ratio?
Message Edited by johnpalley on 03-21-2009 12:29 AM
Message Edited by johnpalley on 03-21-2009 12:30 AM
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit limit or largest balance-"not reported" why?????

What is the name of the credit card company and what is the name of the credit card?
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some do not report a CL.

In that case, the high balance will be used. So, until you use it and it reports a high balance, it will be $0.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 03-21-2009 10:53 AM
Message 3 of 13
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

I just had the same problem with chase  It was a signature card.. If its chase ask for a product change to non-signature and it will report next reporting cycle....
2wheel
Message 4 of 13
smo65d11
Regular Contributor

my American Airlines AMEX is a "no pre-set-spending limit" card and even though it shows the high balance and current balace, the CL never appears and is not included in my Utilization figures anywhere.
Message Edited by smo65d11 on 03-21-2009 10:47 AM
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

smo65d11 wrote:
my American Airlines AMEX is a "no pre-set-spending limit" card and even though it shows the high balance and current balace, the CL never appears and is not included in my Utilization figures anywhere.
Message Edited by smo65d11 on 03-21-2009 10:47 AM

I believe certain AmEx cards are not considered revolving credit, so it wouldn't be counted in util.

Message 6 of 13
johnpalley
Established Contributor

its a chase southwest airlines card and it says the balance is $39. the credit limit is supposed to show $20,000.
Message 7 of 13
johnpalley
Established Contributor

bump
Message 8 of 13
johnpalley
Established Contributor

bump
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently had a Firestone credit card through CFNA. On my reports they did not list my 2000 cl,only my high balance of 688. I disputed the info through all CRA and it was changed to reflect the 2000 cl. 
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.