Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit report # accounts- Medical bills

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit report # accounts- Medical bills

Hi- getting ready to pay the collection agency for medical bills.

The original creditor is the same on all of them. Thier system assigns an account number to every single date of serivce. When these are reported in collections on credit report it appears that I have 13 sepaarte acounts (all negative) with this one agency. Instead of owing all of the funds to the one creditor. 

Any thoughts of how or if that can get changed? The provider will not pul back from collections and the agency will not do a pay for delete. 

Will a statement on the credit report help?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit report # accounts- Medical bills

I'm not the expert so I'll let them chime in. What I do know from my own experience involving medical collections is that depending on the original creditor - they are usually listed as separate accounts TO the collection agency on the credit report. However, you can pay multiple at one time. The collection agency will verify which you wish to pay and the total of such. Who is the creditor that won't pay for delete? Upon payment of my medical collections in 2020 I asked the CA to see if the original creditor would accept any less. They either knew the lesser amount instantly or they put me on hold to phone the creditor to find out what they'd accept. Then I'd either call back to pay when I had the funds or I'd pay right then. They all did pay for delete and I was never issued anything on the settlement discounts for tax purposes for them or the original creditor. 

It's unfortunate that they report multiple collections to the bureaus but there isn't anything you can do that I know if. Someone else may know different. I've had a medical CA list them separately before and I've had them list as one entry from a different collection agency. 

Side note- my reason for having bad to fair credit and rebuilding was due to medical collections. I know the struggle. I'll get in the 700s someday. 

Message 2 of 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit report # accounts- Medical bills

So the place who performed the medical procedure wont take payment in exchange of recalling the debt? This is from our Mod @gdale6 on ow to get med collections removed:

1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, (or-rebilled), collections ultimately paid by insurance get removed per new rules that came from CRAs settlement with 22 state AGs. If not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care, if not then
3. ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help, this process cannot be discussed in any forum of myFico.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.