Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit report incorrectly links 3 credit cards to my BK from 1997

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit report incorrectly links 3 credit cards to my BK from 1997

I am a newbie and despite reading and researching am totally overwhelmed. Below is one of my most disturbing dilemmas.

I filed Ch13 BK in 96, it was discharged in 03/97. I had 3 charge cards that  I did not list in the BK,
Marshall fields, JC Penney, and Spiegle. They all had low or no balance and I did not list them.

In 2002, I lost my source of income, and among 9 accounts total, the above 3 were included.

The descriptions for thses include:'

"Account History: Discharged Through BK Ch 7, 11, or 12 on on Sept 30, 2003"

"Status: Included in bankruptcy. Status Details: This account is scheduled to continue on record until Jan 2008. "

AND

"Status: Discharged through Bankruptcy Chapter 7/Account charged off. "

"Status Details: This account is scheduled to continue on record until Dec 2009. "

"Debt included in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy on Oct 08, 2004"

I need help with disputing these... how to state my case.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

If those accounts were open at the time of your bankruptc...

If those accounts were open at the time of your bankruptcy, they were in fact included in bankruptcy even if you had no balance on them at the time.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your bankruptcy was in 1997 I don't understand how the...

If your bankruptcy was in 1997 (you didn't file again in 2002 did you?) I don't understand how these debts could possibly be included in a BK in 2000+.  Just because the accounts were open at the tiem does not necessarily include them in the BK you can exclude some debts.  I did the same and kept a finance co loan because I figured I'd need soem soource of credit.

That being said.  These accounts should fall off 7 years from the date of delinquency.  You may want to write a dispute to the bureaus stating that you did not file BK in the year 2000+ and would like the statemenet removed from your accounts.  However, once you do that,  these accounts will opened up to further collection action and since one states charged-off, there is some balance owed.  You could wind up with the hounds at the door.

If someone is eyeballing your report hard enough to notice the creditors statements, you could always add a consumer statement to your file stating yuo did not file bankruptcy on 2000+. 

Me I would get them removed and pay whatever balance is left.  This can be accomplished though the original creditors.  You have no evidence of a BK on your file ( at least you shouldn't by now) and I wouldn't want anything relating to that type of public record on file if I could help it.

Message Edited by Brammy on 03-31-2007 07:07 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.