Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit reporting agencies not reporting a CC that I am authorized to use

tag
tparvaiz
Contributor

Credit reporting agencies not reporting a CC that I am authorized to use

Hi,

I have added myself to one of my family members' credit cards (city bank) as the authorized user. While adding my profile to the card, Citi rep didn't ask for my Social Security, and I thought it was weird at that time.

Anyways, within a week, I got my credit card with my name printed on it. And I can use the card too with no issues.

For some reason, this card does not show up under any top credit reporting (Equifax, Transunion, Experian). Any suggestions?

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit reporting agencies not reporting a CC that I am authorized to use

When did you become an AU? Data points say it could take up to 3 or 4 billing cycles to start reporting.

Message 2 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@tparvaiz  hi and welcome to the forums 

How did you "add yourself" via phone call? 

Typically,  only the credit card holder can add AUs, and they should be able to tell you when the card normally reports.

Message 3 of 11
tparvaiz
Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@tparvaiz  hi and welcome to the forums 

How did you "add yourself" via phone call? 

Typically,  only the credit card holder can add AUs, and they should be able to tell you when the card normally reports.

CC holder made a call and provided my details to the bank. I gave him my SSN as I was expecting it to be one of the requirement but it was never required.

Message 4 of 11
tparvaiz
Contributor

@Physh1 wrote:

When did you become an AU? Data points say it could take up to 3 or 4 billing cycles to start reporting.

I became AU about 4 months back but made my first transaction (of < $10) just last month.

Thanks

Message 5 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

It should have reported by now, regardless of when you used it first. 

There are no issues with your other accounts reporting wise? 

Message 6 of 11
tparvaiz
Contributor

There are no issues related to my other accounts. Please advise next steps

thank

Talha

Message 7 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Other than giving them a call, I'm not sure there is anything else that can be done. 

Message 8 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Depends how the lender matches you up whether it is a SSN, Address that is common or possibly last name.  Can ask for them to report the AU, but doesn't always work bsed on a few of the above example if they say match by address in common, but live somewhere else, but never show an indication of living there and the likes.

Message 9 of 11
ysenhunt25
Established Member

The way it works is that person who the card name is in address has to match your address or it wont show up on your file. I Figured this out years ago when i added my daughter who lived with me it showed up the day after the card updated to burea however my brother who didnt have my address on his file - it never showed up - the way i got it to post to him is i did a soft pull with his info so that my address would show up on his file and the next time the card updated to the bureau - the AU acct showed up on his file. This works when  you add a AU and no SSN - Most cards that have this option is (Citi- Chase- Barclays Bank ) etc. 

So basically- the address of the acct holder needs to be on your file for the trade to post within the actual post date. I assume it works the longer way too but could take months for the data to merge over to your file. 

Started Rebuilding in July 2014

FAKO Scores (Experian 650 Equifax 655) Cap1 3k Cap1 Spark 2k Discover 1100 Amex 1k Wells Fargo and Open Sky Secured 400-
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.