cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit scoring is a joke. I paid off all credit cards; I want 0 debt ... my scores dropped.

tag
BlackEagle1
Established Member

Credit scoring is a joke. I paid off all credit cards; I want 0 debt ... my scores dropped.

These people WANT to keep us in debt. I want 000000000000000 debt; not a great credit score. Credit scoring is a sick fraudulent joke.

Moderator Edit - Please read the PM I sent 

Irish80
MyFICO Moderator

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit scoring is a joke. I paid off all credit cards; I want 0 debt ... my scores dropped.

Cool story! Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 21
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit scoring is a joke. I paid off all credit cards; I want 0 debt ... my scores dropped.

Yet a necessity to keep moving along in the world we have created, it's a game we don't have to enjoy, but we do have to play it.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 3 of 21
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sorry, OP, but credit scoring is not the joke. Creating debt and not managing debt are the culprit.

I have credit cards. I use my credit cards. And, I am not in debt. WHY? Because I never charge what I can’t afford to pay off. I budget for everything even when I’m using 0 APR cards.

Now, I am old school and was taught, if you can’t pay for it right then and there, you can’t afford it. But you could put it on lay-away. Umph, those were the days.

And I’m nowhere near a so-called expert. Honestly, it’s as simple as this. Use your credit card for rewards, cash back, etc., but think of it as a debit card. Let the credit card work for you, not vice versa.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Agree, i paid off all my debt with a loan recently, and im still in low 730's with reslly no visible affects of taking off my credit card debt. It is depressing but it is what it is.

Op , please edit part of your original post as the language is a bit too harsh for this forum and its TOS You know the F part. Thanks for understanding and yes im one that doesnt believe our scores are good for much especially if you dont have good incomeSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

💪
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who are "these people", please let me know so I can stay away from them.
Also someone should let the banking, insurance, mortgage, retail and utility companies know that the credit scoring system made for and used by them is fradulent.
What I can never stress enough on this forum (a detail that seems ignored by many) is that FICO is a product for the banker not the consumer! It scores your risk not your debt, debt is only one part of that risk score.
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlackEagle1 wrote:

I want 000000000000000 debt; not a great credit score.

I would think you'd rather have both, which is super easy.

Those that overreact to the scoring penalty for all cards reporting 0 balances or having no open installment loan that cry it must mean we're all being forced to keep debt need to pump the brakes.  All it takes is $1 reported on a revolver and $1 reported on an installment loan, so $2 of "debt" to overcome those ~40-55 points lost.  Two bucks is not the man holding anyone back or thrusting anyone into debt.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh man...I missed the edited part.
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh man...I missed the edited part.

LOL! So did I.

Nothing more can be added to this post.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.